Careers

Insurance - Any advice on how to obtain new insurance clients? Advice appreciated

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2021 10:14 am
[OP]
Banned
Jul 23, 2021
17 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver

Insurance - Any advice on how to obtain new insurance clients? Advice appreciated

Hey Everyone!

So my best friend, recently started as an insurance agent for Cars & housing, and is struggling with obtaining new clients. He currently works in a brokerage, and receives commission from bringing in new business. He is located in BC, so he has to deal with ICBC ...

As many of you have insurance, what is some advice you would give him, on how to generate a clients and customers?

Thank you so much! I appreciate it! Any advice is appreciated! Just wanted to know your opinions =)
5 replies
Feb 18, 2012
892 posts
523 upvotes
Victoria
It’s all about $, every year i go around and get quotes and just go with the best deal.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12353 posts
4860 upvotes
Toronto
Home and Auto is already a lot easier than Life insurance.

Given client shops every year, so it is endless of opportunities.

Talk to his friends and family about his new career and tell them you can give them a free quote just to see if you can potential save them money. Use the tone that this is for their own benefit and not helping youself, if not it will sounds like you are trying to sell them insurance.

Do you have any friends that's in Real Estate or work in dealership as sales? Work with those people as their clients are the one who just bought new house and new car, so they will need insurance, this is a wild open opportunity.
Build good relationship with them and have them refer you customers, at the same time offer to do the same to refer them client if you know someone who is in the market for a new car or new home, to make them a win win business for both parties.

Good Luck.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
7203 posts
2236 upvotes
0 downvotes
I hate when people solicit, if your a good reputable business, people should come to you. open an office, start advertising in the newspaper, in the local flyers, the yellow pages, or even do radio ads, this is how you get business. when you start sending messages to your friends and family to "offer" them insurance, they likely wont bite, and you will just be annoying your friends and family more and more, no body likes these kind of people who do these things.
Say NO to the WAR!
PEACE is the answer!