• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2019 3:48 pm
[OP]
Jun 13, 2019
3 posts

Which insurance company is best to start career as advisor

I am looking to get into insurance
Anyone in this field please suggest me which one is best
Last edited by RamKmobile on Jul 10th, 2019 11:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
3 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11239 posts
3497 upvotes
Toronto
All those companies will pay to get your license and give you some little salary to start with your job, then they will push you to sell insurance products to your parents, family and friends. You will be purely commission base after a while.

Another type of Licensed Insurance Advisor is to work at the call center, most of them are salary base or Salary + commission.
Big Banks or other companies like Manulife have in house call center to sell insurance over the phone. IMO, if you are new to the industry, stick with the salary base, get the proper training, build the foundation and if you are doing good and feel confidence talking to people and able to sale, then step out and do commission base to earn more money.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11239 posts
3497 upvotes
Toronto
LOL then I hope you have a lot of friends and family that are willing to support you.
Good Luck.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Jul 24, 2014
290 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto, ON
From what my limited knowledge, sun life is the best, give it a try, it's a very tough career but could be rewarding after working your butt off
Index Fund vs Individual Stock..."tigerdemi is a great man" tigerdemi said to himself in his dream.