• Last Updated:
  • Jun 22nd, 2018 10:08 am
[OP]
May 28, 2012
584 posts
567 upvotes
ONT

Insurance for New Driver

I am helping a new immigrant/new driver to get insurance. Female, 30 years old, east GTA area. Looking for recommendations. Are companies such as Kanetix and lowestraces.ca the best way to get rates from several companies?

Thanks!
8 replies
Mar 1, 2011
457 posts
117 upvotes
Stoney Creek
Research different rates for different vehicles as well. 2 very similar vehicles can have insurance rates of over $500 difference within the same company. What you may think you are saving on fuel savings, or purchase price can be outweighed by different premiums
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
32067 posts
19279 upvotes
Toronto
those online quote sites are a good source starter. You will still have to call in to get the 'REAL' premium figures.

You should also expand your quote search by getting some insurance brokers involved as they will shop the best rates for you.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2014
1041 posts
867 upvotes
Toronto, ON
You can get insurance quotes online through the insurance company's websites. I would start there.
Please respond
Apr 20, 2009
654 posts
311 upvotes
Did this individual have auto insurance abroad and can they prove it? If so, it's best to speak with a broker who will work with you to get that experience recognized as well as it is a major rating factor. Online quoting tools, typically quote based on Canadian and US driving experience only.
Feb 20, 2017
332 posts
103 upvotes
Barrie, ON
I usually find belairdirect pretty reasonable for new drivers but haven't checked in quite a while, it won't be too cheap if I remember it can range from 230-400/mth depending on the vehicle.
May 17, 2018
277 posts
125 upvotes
mrct1944 wrote: I am helping a new immigrant/new driver to get insurance. Female, 30 years old, east GTA area. Looking for recommendations. Are companies such as Kanetix and lowestraces.ca the best way to get rates from several companies?
Also consider Sonnet, which targets new drivers.
“Of this one thing make sure against your dying day – that your faults die before you do.” - Seneca
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15264 posts
6327 upvotes
RFD
Belair is always expensive for me, also same for TD.

Lowest I've had is from Johnson Insurance (Unifund)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
9336 posts
1898 upvotes
Ontario
shop around, call some Brokers, they can shop their markets for quotes
RIBO LICENCED INSURANCE BROKER, over 35 years experience

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)