• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2021 8:40 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9415 posts
7658 upvotes
Kitchener
csi123 wrote: It isn't about how to get there. To ride legally in those trails you need insurance, even for off-road vehicles.
Back to the farmer's field idea.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2011
1475 posts
524 upvotes
Ottawa
Rob_EV wrote: Back to the farmer's field idea.
Same. You can only ride without insurance on your own property. And no farmer will let you ride on their fields. Rural people hate it when city dwellers bring their toys to play at their home. People ride in the morning till midnight and rev their engine all day long.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9415 posts
7658 upvotes
Kitchener
csi123 wrote: Same. You can only ride without insurance on your own property. And no farmer will let you ride on their fields. Rural people hate it when city dwellers bring their toys to play at their home. People ride in the morning till midnight and rev their engine all day long.
OK.......so then buy a farm so you can ride. Seems like an awful lot of trouble instead of just waiting until the kids get their M license.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
9816 posts
7621 upvotes
Kootenays
csi123 wrote: Same. You can only ride without insurance on your own property. And no farmer will let you ride on their fields. Rural people hate it when city dwellers bring their toys to play at their home. People ride in the morning till midnight and rev their engine all day long.
+1 No rural land owner in their right mind would want to take on the liability of allowing kids to ride on their property.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2004
1566 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
After talking to maybe a dozen brokers or agents over the last week, calling OFTR and poring over all sorts of websites and starting or joining a bunch of threads, I gave up.

I ended up bringing these bikes back to the dealer and taking a $500 loss. Put a total of maybe 200m on each of them. LOL. The dealer told me when I got there they had already sold them again, and that it took them maybe an hour. They had suggested I sell them privately to not take the loss, but I didn't want to sell a bike to a poor sucker like myself who might not know their kids couldn't ride the trails legally on it.

Anybody looking to buy a small dirt bike in ON and expecting to get them insured, know this: it's nearly impossible.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)