• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2021 10:41 am
[OP]
Feb 3, 2013
309 posts
279 upvotes
Victoria

Integrated Amplifier with HT Bypass

I've been looking for an integrated amp with home theatre bypass to use with the preouts on my Denon AVR and use the amp for 2 channel listening. I've been researching amps up to $1000 or so and have identified Creek Evo50, MarantzPM8000 series and Audiolab6000A as potential candidates(new,used). I was wondering if anyone has taken this approach and what you are using.
3 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
17106 posts
3357 upvotes
Toronto
I am using a slightly different setup. I have an Anthem receiver with a Bryston power amp. It sounds excellent for 2.0 (hi-res Flac, SACD, DVD-A) and 5.1 SACD, DVD-A).
[OP]
Feb 3, 2013
309 posts
279 upvotes
Victoria
audit13 wrote: I am using a slightly different setup. I have an Anthem receiver with a Bryston power amp. It sounds excellent for 2.0 (hi-res Flac, SACD, DVD-A) and 5.1 SACD, DVD-A).
Very nice. I want to run my turntable pre-amp and CD player through the integrated and to not have to fiddle around with volume matching hence the HT pass through. The Denon sounds okay but I feel a dedicated 2 channel will sound better.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
17106 posts
3357 upvotes
Toronto
PaliGap wrote: Very nice. I want to run my turntable pre-amp and CD player through the integrated and to not have to fiddle around with volume matching hence the HT pass through. The Denon sounds okay but I feel a dedicated 2 channel will sound better.
Thanks. I've moved away from all analog audio sources and this is why I use my Anthem receiver. I'll be replacing my current Anthem with the mrx540 to get Atmos compatibility. I would like to have a dedicated 2-channel set up and HT set up but my current living arrangement doesn't allow for this. The Anthem/Bryston is a good compromise for now.