• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2020 3:49 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6838 posts
5526 upvotes

Intelcom is always late and keeps losing orders

This is my third order on Amazon Prime that has been lost in a month, and the sixth or seventh that has been late in the last two months.

Amazon Prime used to be a fast and dependable service for me, but Intelcom seems so severely mismanaged that it has become a total joke and a pain to deal with, and Amazon's time guarantees essentially meaningless. On their tracking site parcels get stuck at "in transit", and when I contact CS they say "it appears the parcel is lost, let us know if you want to reorder or get refunded".

Customer support is useless to me, they keep saying sorry, or occasionally, here's a $5 voucher for your troubles, now go away.
28 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15637 posts
16780 upvotes
Oakville
Poutinesauce wrote: This is my third order on Amazon Prime that has been lost in a month, and the sixth or seventh that has been late in the last two months.

Amazon Prime used to be a fast and dependable service for me, but Intelcom seems so severely mismanaged that it has become a total joke and a pain to deal with, and Amazon's time guarantees essentially meaningless. On their tracking site parcels get stuck at "in transit", and when I contact CS they say "it appears the parcel is lost, let us know if you want to reorder or get refunded".

Customer support is useless to me, they keep saying sorry, or occasionally, here's a $5 voucher for your troubles, now go away.
Yup, my experience as well.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6838 posts
5526 upvotes
engineered wrote: Yup, my experience as well.
What gets me the most is that Amazon charges us money and heavily pressures us to do so in order to get decent delivery times, however it still resorts in the worst and most unreliable shipping service I have seen in nearly 20 years of ordering online.

I don't know if there are rogue employees stealing parcels from Intelcom warehouses, because I really don't know where these parcels are all going. Canada Post look like the angels of God in comparison.

It is amazing to me that Amazon hasn't forced Intelcom to severely step up their game because their brand is now tarnished.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15637 posts
16780 upvotes
Oakville
Poutinesauce wrote: What gets me the most is that Amazon charges us money and heavily pressures us to do so in order to get decent delivery times, however it still resorts in the worst and most unreliable shipping service I have seen in nearly 20 years of ordering online.

I don't know if there are rogue employees stealing parcels from Intelcom warehouses, because I really don't know where these parcels are all going. Canada Post look like the angels of God in comparison.

It is amazing to me that Amazon hasn't forced Intelcom to severely step up their game because their brand is now tarnished.
Not enough people are cancelling their prime memberships and ordering less. Amazon probably has more than they can handle so quality probably isn't a concern for them.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6838 posts
5526 upvotes
hvwozq wrote: It's the customer who will face consequences if there are problems with too many deliveries, not the courier. Amazon will stop giving refunds or replacements, they will warn, and if it continues, they will ban the customer.
Their own tracking numbers show that the item is in transit, and never even arrives to the local depot to begin with, and that zero delivery attempt is made. I have literally done nothing but wait for these items. Intelcom has lost three of my orders in one month. I should be warned for what exactly?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
8277 posts
2020 upvotes
Mississauga
Poutinesauce wrote: Their own tracking numbers show that the item is in transit, and never even arrives to the local depot to begin with, and that zero delivery attempt is made. I have literally done nothing but wait for these items. Intelcom has lost three of my orders in one month. I should be warned for what exactly?
Amazon doesn't care, they count interactions not legitimacy of why you contacted them.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6838 posts
5526 upvotes
I guess I have no choice but to use Flex Delivery and pick up my parcels at a nearby post office from now on. Intelcom parcels literally disappear over and over again and not only doesn't Amazon do anything about it, but over a prolonged period of time, could punish the wronged customer instead of the POS company that they deal with. What a turd of a company.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5726 posts
5209 upvotes
Are you in GTA?

I'm in Ottawa, and Intelcom has been amazing. Much faster than CP or other couriers and so far quite reliable. I've ordered stuff probably 50+ times in the last year or so, and they have never lost a parcel.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6838 posts
5526 upvotes
superfresh89 wrote: Are you in GTA?

I'm in Ottawa, and Intelcom has been amazing. Much faster than CP or other couriers and so far quite reliable. I've ordered stuff probably 50+ times in the last year or so, and they have never lost a parcel.
I used to live in Quebec City where Intelcom had worked well for me. Then last year I moved closer to Montreal. Amazon initially used Canada Post and I had no complaints then, but started using Intelcom exclusively for non-oversized items at some point. Intelcom initially worked well as I expected it... and then the lost or late orders began.

If there was a way never to use them again. I don't want to deal with this company ever again. I will also never pay for Amazon Prime either, Amazon is laughing in my face.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
6011 posts
1877 upvotes
Montreal
Poutinesauce wrote: It is amazing to me that Amazon hasn't forced Intelcom to severely step up their game because their brand is now tarnished.
How so? You've placed at least 6 or 7 orders with them in the last two months regardless of these issues.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15637 posts
16780 upvotes
Oakville
psyko514 wrote: How so? You've placed at least 6 or 7 orders with them in the last two months regardless of these issues.
Yea, we're kinda stuck with amazon at this point. If it wasn't for the free prime they keep offering I'd cancel prime. And I have been ordering more for walmart recently. It'd be nice if walmart stepped up their game with subscribe and save and other online offerings akin to amazon.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6838 posts
5526 upvotes
psyko514 wrote: How so? You've placed at least 6 or 7 orders with them in the last two months regardless of these issues.
If there was another decent alternative I would use it. I'm just not ready to pay more, sometimes significantly more. For instance I ordered a MicroSD card and every other Canadian place than Amazon had markedly worse prices.

Even Canpar which Wal-Mart uses regularly has been perfectly reliable to me. But Wal-Mart has very limited selection.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
6011 posts
1877 upvotes
Montreal
Poutinesauce wrote: If there was another decent alternative I would use it. I'm just not ready to pay more, sometimes significantly more. For instance I ordered a MicroSD card and every other Canadian place than Amazon had markedly worse prices.

Even Canpar which Wal-Mart uses regularly has been perfectly reliable to me. But Wal-Mart has very limited selection.
So what you're essentially saying is that you're willing to accept sub-par service due to lower costs. They've got you bent over - what's their incentive to improve?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6838 posts
5526 upvotes
psyko514 wrote: So what you're essentially saying is that you're willing to accept sub-par service due to lower costs. They've got you bent over - what's their incentive to improve?
I do probably need to avoid them unless necessary. But I really wish there was actual competition.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1899 posts
456 upvotes
I'll take Intelcom any day over those useless tools at Dynamex!
Jun 16, 2019
461 posts
1346 upvotes
west as
I appreciate the timeliness and accuracy of Intelcoms deliveries. Right up until the dude lobs the package at the door....

Great form for bocce season
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3726 posts
3846 upvotes
Ottawa
KanataKG wrote: Are you in GTA?

+1 for Ottawa Intelcom experience.

They struggle with apartments, but they ultimately get the job done. And they deliver on the weekends too.
Tampa Bay Lightning2020 Stanley Cup Champions!!!
The Last of Us Part II - Game of the Year 2020
Cyberpunk 2077 - Game of the Year 2021 - calling it now.