Intelcom Express started sending pictures of the package by the door

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2020 2:44 pm
[OP]
Nov 14, 2012
308 posts
151 upvotes

Intelcom Express started sending pictures of the package by the door

Intelcom, that delivers most of Amazon packages in my area, just started sending pics of delivered packages that do not require signature. Anyone else noticed this?

I find this hilarious, but not surprising. Scam and theft is rampant high this year.

Wife sold some $10 widget on ebay last week sent by untracked lettermail and got not received claim. Used to be 1 in 20-30. I used to have my bike outside in the backyard every summer for years and this year it got stolen.
23 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1881 posts
537 upvotes
Toronto
This has been going on for years.

Uber Eats has started with this since they introduced drop off at the door.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
8798 posts
10071 upvotes
Vancouver
It's to protect their butts, not yours. When ordering from Amazon, you pay to have the package dumped on your doorstep, not to have it delivered into your hands. Once it has been dumped, all three parties (Amazon, the carrier, and you) have fulfilled their ends of the agreement. If it gets swiped after that, that's on you, not on them.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
11170 posts
7440 upvotes
Edmonton
They've been doing that for months, if not a year+ here in my area. And as @Kiraly said, it's not for your benefit, although knowing that a package has been dropped off can help you (so you can go home at lunch or something, I guess). It's for their protection.

C
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
3045 posts
1759 upvotes
Been like this ever since they used Intelcom. They just dump and run to the next delivery.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4996 posts
1793 upvotes
Toronto
CNeufeld wrote: although knowing that a package has been dropped off can help you (so you can go home at lunch or something, I guess)
Also helps sometimes when they don't pick a logical place to dump things. One time I got a photo of my package left behind the trash can in the building lobby (i.e. exactly where people leave trash that doesn't fit in the trash can) - ended up being a mad rush to get there before the cleaning person noticed it.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2196 posts
598 upvotes
Ottawa
They have been doing this for a long time. It’s usually two photos - the doorstep and front of the house displaying the house number.

One time they actually delivered my package to my next door neighbor and Intelcom sent me the photos so knew it was wrong. So kind of glad they do this, at least you know where it ends up even if it’s the wrong house.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
11170 posts
7440 upvotes
Edmonton
sg2386 wrote: They have been doing this for a long time. It’s usually two photos - the doorstep and front of the house displaying the house number.

One time they actually delivered my package to my next door neighbor and Intelcom sent me the photos so knew it was wrong. So kind of glad they do this, at least you know where it ends up even if it’s the wrong house.
Yeah, a month or so ago I got a photo sent to me after a delivery, and when I went out, there was nothing there. Looked again at the picture, and could get the address. Walked a block over and asked nicely for my package, which they gave to me.

C
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1047 posts
519 upvotes
Toronto
Get it delivered to a nearby post office.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27298 posts
12925 upvotes
lpin14 wrote: Get it delivered to a nearby post office.
Doesn't this only work with Canada Post parcels?
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2537 posts
1208 upvotes
B.C.
death_hawk wrote: Doesn't this only work with Canada Post parcels?
Yes! Unless you add PO Box O to your amazon address. Then they'll send everything Canada Post.
Mar 8, 2013
246 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/delivery-dri ... -1.5008961
The video appears to show the delivery driver drop off the package at the door. The driver then takes a photo to show it's been delivered so a notification can be sent to Deep. The driver then looks around, appearing to search for security cameras, apparently not noticing the video doorbell.

He then picks up the package, takes it back to his car and puts it in his trunk and drives off. The driver works for a delivery service contracted by Amazon.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8057 posts
3548 upvotes
Markham
CNeufeld wrote: (so you can go home at lunch or something, I guess).

Not go home, come from home:))