Investing

Interactive Brokers Trader Workstation - Computer operating system

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2021 2:54 am
Feb 22, 2009
294 posts
88 upvotes

Interactive Brokers Trader Workstation - Computer operating system

The company site says that Win 8.1 is the minimum, but sometimes software will run on Win7 (or even older) although the company says 'if it doesn't work, tough luck,' and fair enough. Has anyone here successfully run TWS on Win7?
Thank you.
I'm glad that I finally found the button.......
3 replies
Sep 28, 2011
818 posts
1481 upvotes
Winnipeg
Download TWS and install it and run a demo paper account and find out. They probably say 8.1 is the min since 7 is no longer supported with security updates, etc. And then after you do this, upgrade your Windows it's free! Winking Face
Feb 22, 2009
294 posts
88 upvotes
bigblue1ca wrote: Download TWS and install it and run a demo paper account and find out. They probably say 8.1 is the min since 7 is no longer supported with security updates, etc. And then after you do this, upgrade your Windows it's free! Winking Face
Thanks very much. I assume that by the second sentence means to upgrade because you think Win10 is the way to go (which the majority of people agree with.)

Perhaps another factor might be to use the offline version of TWS (available in 32 and 64 bit versions) to save resources.
Feb 22, 2009
294 posts
88 upvotes
I've been looking at the offline installer: """TWS Offline Installer for Windows: If you prefer to run TWS from your desktop to retain the current build (and run manual updates as needed), you can download the standalone version of TWS using the buttons below. To ensure that you are always running the latest version of TWS with the newest features (and for quickest access) we encourage clients to log into the Cloud-Based version using the Login menu located in the top right corner of the website. Both versions require Internet access."""

I'm wondering if the offline version would use any more or fewer resources than the cloud version.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)