Cell Phones

Interest-free loan on $100+ off the upfront cost of a phone (such as iPhone 8+) for 24 months

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2017 6:17 am
[OP]
Nov 1, 2017
194 posts
308 upvotes

Interest-free loan on $100+ off the upfront cost of a phone (such as iPhone 8+) for 24 months

$0.00 down and $15.00 per month or $359.99 pm select 2 year plans

Deal is on page 29. I was originally planning on getting the 7 plus, but this kinda changes my plan. What do you think?
Images
  • qe.jpg
  • qw.jpg
Last edited by titaniumtux on Nov 17th, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thread title changed for thread topic
I finally quit drinking for good. Now, I drink for evil!
17 replies
Nov 26, 2011
50 posts
11 upvotes
ADAMS GULCH
You aren't saving much of anything. You are paying Bestbuy $15 a month for 24 months (which equals $360). The only savings is the interest you could earn by putting $360 into something and taking $15 a month from it. You are on a payment plan for upfront cost with BB and a payment plan (or rate plan super high) with the carrier.
Dec 14, 2008
214 posts
268 upvotes
Vancouver
as far as i know you cannot "roll" contract pricing into financing in Canada from carriers. So it makes a difference for people who want the iPhone 8 Plus and are worried about cash flow for the holidays.

US has had financing on phone hardware pricing for a long time now.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6075 posts
1860 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
zerallamvuut wrote: as far as i know you cannot "roll" contract pricing into financing in Canada from carriers. So it makes a difference for people who want the iPhone 8 Plus and are worried about cash flow for the holidays.

US has had financing on phone hardware pricing for a long time now.
You can also get it at staples 24 months equal payments.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Sep 11, 2011
726 posts
886 upvotes
Toronto
d1ulove3 wrote: You can also get it at staples 24 months equal payments.
Important to note that this is with a Staple’s *credit* card.

Too bad Apple removed their financing option for personal accounts.
Nov 24, 2015
120 posts
74 upvotes
Do know, that you have a 25$ activation fee and a yearly fee which is also 25$ on the Financing card, so in the end u pay higher. This is only for people who has no money for the upfront.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6075 posts
1860 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
ApocDeals wrote: Important to note that this is with a Staple’s *credit* card.

Too bad Apple removed their financing option for personal accounts.
Bestbuy the same thing BB CC.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8628 upvotes
GTHA
wolfgang25 wrote: $0.00 down and $15.00 per month or $359.99 pm select 2 year plans

Deal is on page 29. I was originally planning on getting the 7 plus, but this kinda changes my plan. What do you think?
Best Buy introduced this 'payment plan' beginning of this month

"PAY NO INTEREST➀ FOR 24 MONTHS WITH EQUAL PAYMENTS ON SMARTPHONES $99.99 AND UP WITH A BEST BUY CARD."

Discussed in thread best-buy-pay-no-interest-24-months-smartphones-2139393/
Jun 23, 2003
422 posts
193 upvotes
This isn’t a Black Friday deal, title, should be changed.
I suspect cheaper prices, or gift cards included on the actual Black Friday sale, though maybe not on the 8+, next Friday.

My guess is the SE, 6, and 7 get big promos (with trade ins, and of course on Premium or Plus plans), and then the S8, S8+, LG G6 on the Android side, with some lukewarm deals on the IP8 and Note 8, but nothing for those two phones that won’t come up again around or just after Christmas.

Just need one provider to set the bar high early next week with their deals on phone price drops, and have the others try to outdo them, along with BB also in the mix adding some incentives, but not holding my breath. Last year it was free smart watches Gear Fit etc or gift cards on things like the S7etc.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
6035 posts
3943 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have noticed these "financing" deals poping up all over the place. Specially with Koodo.

I wonder if this is a result since they changed the contract. I hope that means the Koodo "activation credits" are not done and over with. But I haven't seen one in awhile.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19140 posts
2860 upvotes
Woodbridge
The $15 a month isn't so bad but are plans really now start at $105 for 1GB?

I'm surprised carriers aren't forcing customers with great plans to a higher tier.

I pay $75 for my corporate and soon it'll be lowered to $59 when I upgrade. I'm just waiting to see if there'll be better deals for Black Friday.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
2131 posts
111 upvotes
Regina
My thoughts are, if you need to finance $360 you should really evaluate whether or not you can afford this at all.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15419 posts
13859 upvotes
Going to the Moon
An interest-free loan is always awesome if you are responsible with money. BestBuy is smart to offer this.

To be fair, I think those who are good with money either buy their phones outright, or they watch for deals. BestBuy shoppers will often do a trade-in to knock out that $360.

OP's post is only a good deal for BestBuy. They're catering to a financially-irresponsible demographic and BestBuy will likely collect massive interest on those who can't make their payments.

Now if you can get BYOD+$15 monthly rate plan for an iPhone 8 Plus with nothing upfront (even with a trade-in), that'd be a hot deal.
🐧Premium Life: CDC💳 [❄️Icey❄️ Private Status]/SwissBorg🍀 Genesis💎/InLock🔓/Netflix📺 UHD [100% off]/Amazon 🛍️[Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]🥕
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15419 posts
13859 upvotes
Going to the Moon
tk1000 wrote: @titaniumtux, this thread should be merged with thread http://forums.redflagdeals.com/best-buy ... s-2139393/

this is not a 'Black Friday Deal'
I thought about it, however that thread is already in expired hot deals. Might as well keep the discussion in this thread in cellphones.
🐧Premium Life: CDC💳 [❄️Icey❄️ Private Status]/SwissBorg🍀 Genesis💎/InLock🔓/Netflix📺 UHD [100% off]/Amazon 🛍️[Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]🥕
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8628 upvotes
GTHA
titaniumtux wrote: I thought about it, however that thread is already in expired hot deals. Might as well keep the discussion in this thread in cellphones.
Suggest the thread title be edited to be more accurate?

Remove 'Black Friday' and add 'PAY NO INTEREST FOR 24 MONTHS ON SMARTPHONES $99.99 AND UP'
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15419 posts
13859 upvotes
Going to the Moon
tk1000 wrote: Suggest the thread title be edited to be more accurate?

Remove 'Black Friday' and add 'PAY NO INTEREST FOR 24 MONTHS ON SMARTPHONES $99.99 AND UP'
Better. Done deal.