• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2020 9:46 pm
[OP]
Jan 6, 2012
273 posts
79 upvotes

International paypal payments

Hi everyone, I have a question and hopefully someone can help me on this forum. I have a business outside of Canada/US...I am trying to receive international payments via paypal...however for the country the business account is in you HAVE to link a US bank account with a US routing number OR you have to have a visa card to link the paypal account to that your balance can be transferred to (they transfer the balance once a month). So my question is, is there a creditcard/debit card out there (preferably an international one) that I can transfer my balance to my business bank account? This is the only way I can see to solve my problem as we need to accept paypal payments asap but have no way of transferring the money we receive into our business bank account.

Thanks for any help offered!
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5524 posts
2706 upvotes
Winnipeg
I recently got paid by a sweet lady from Nigeria...
[OP]
Jan 6, 2012
273 posts
79 upvotes
thank you very much...this post is a few years old...do you know if it still is a valid option...i certainly hope so, the 1 debit/month works for me...we are not high-volume only need to transfer money once a month at most. I will head to RBC today to see if I can open this account today.

(To other posters, sorry that i posted in wrong forum I did try to search to see to get the the best place).

If there are any other options out there I would appreciate hearing about them, in meantime I will try this...thank you DragonRider
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8718 posts
6789 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
sweetlady123 wrote: thank you very much...this post is a few years old...do you know if it still is a valid option...i certainly hope so, the 1 debit/month works for me...we are not high-volume only need to transfer money once a month at most. I will head to RBC today to see if I can open this account today.
The ABA for RBC is still valid (https://www.usbanklocations.com/routing ... 04093.html), so looks like it should work although I haven't tried myself.
Seems there are only 2 Canadian banks with US ABA pointing to the Canadian entity. The other being National Bank (https://www.usbanklocations.com/routing ... 05487.html).
Apr 29, 2018
681 posts
387 upvotes
It may be easier to transfer between banks using SWIFT or maybe setting up 2 corp entities and transferring money between them.
Mar 14, 2009
376 posts
453 upvotes
Toronto
You could also open a BMO Harris (US) account. Then wire to Canadian account.

Would take a few weeks (4 to 8?) to open tho.
[OP]
Jan 6, 2012
273 posts
79 upvotes
dillybravo wrote: You could also open a BMO Harris (US) account. Then wire to Canadian account.

Would take a few weeks (4 to 8?) to open tho.
thank you..i will inquire about this this week, that seems like a more stress free option
Mar 14, 2009
376 posts
453 upvotes
Toronto
sweetlady123 wrote: thank you..i will inquire about this this week, that seems like a more stress free option
There are other threads on here about it and how to get the funds to a Canadian BMO account. Myself I am with RBC in Canada and use Payline by ICE to transfer to/from RBC it's a $10 fee.