Off Topic Archive

Locked: International student accused of slitting classmate's throat in her dorm room after misunderstanding Koran

Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2062 posts
69 upvotes
iflyplanes wrote:
Jan 24th, 2018 8:18 am
Stop spreading misinformation, Bangladesh is classified as a secular, regardless of its large Muslim population. If the girls dressed like that in Saudi Arabia, they'd have to face corporal punishment.
How is it false information? Oh, I see your point. I noticed all da diversity in that photo.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
17677 posts
2898 upvotes
Toronto
iflyplanes wrote:
Stop spreading misinformation, Bangladesh is classified as a secular, regardless of its large Muslim population. If the girls dressed like that in Saudi Arabia, they'd have to face corporal punishment.
That secular description is just a meaningless feel-good measure. They're just as brutal and regressive as all the other countries, but they hide it behind false progressive values like Turkey and Indonesia.

Remember that Bangladesh committed mass murder, rape, and torture of its non-muslim population when it broke away from Pakistan, and still regularly has murderous riots against non-muslims whenever they feel like it. Barely over a year ago organized crowds robbed and burned Hindu temples and homes on a Hindu holiday under the flimsy pretense that someone made 'a Facebook post about Islam'. They may like pretending to be open and secular, but it is by no means true.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
23114 posts
2762 upvotes
Montreal
iflyplanes wrote:
Or maybe I was making a point about all muslim countries not being alike.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
23114 posts
2762 upvotes
Montreal
Piro21 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2018 4:45 pm
That secular description is just a meaningless feel-good measure. They're just as brutal and regressive as all the other countries, but they hide it behind false progressive values like Turkey and Indonesia.

Remember that Bangladesh committed mass murder, rape, and torture of its non-muslim population when it broke away from Pakistan, and still regularly has murderous riots against non-muslims whenever they feel like it. Barely over a year ago organized crowds robbed and burned Hindu temples and homes on a Hindu holiday under the flimsy pretense that someone made 'a Facebook post about Islam'. They may like pretending to be open and secular, but it is by no means true.
Channeling Ron Banerjee again I see?
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
4845 posts
661 upvotes
mr_raider wrote:
Jan 26th, 2018 6:34 pm
Channeling Ron Banerjee again I see?
this Ron Banerjee ⬇
“In its entire history, Islam, the Islamic civilization, has invented and has contributed less to human advancement than a pack of donkeys. That’s the truth.”
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
23114 posts
2762 upvotes
Montreal
lubmar wrote:
Jan 26th, 2018 7:56 pm
this Ron Banerjee ⬇
Vintage Banerjee. I hadn't heard that one.