• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2021 8:52 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
1004 posts
120 upvotes

Internet Connection Questions

I'm planning to move into an apartment that does not have a coaxial cable connection. It only has a port for Bell Fibe. Does this mean I can only use Bell Fibe or is there a way to hook up a coaxial cable to the Bell Fibe port?
3 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
11278 posts
3026 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Whats in the Apartment does not matter because the company may just run a new line to your Apartment. What you should be doing is going on the Rogers/Bell website and entering your address to see what different internet services you can get. You may even be able to get Bell Fiber Optics which starts at 150mbit download speed which would be better then Cable or VDSL.
Kanus wrote: I'm planning to move into an apartment that does not have a coaxial cable connection. It only has a port for Bell Fibe. Does this mean I can only use Bell Fibe or is there a way to hook up a coaxial cable to the Bell Fibe port?
0_o
<_<
>_>
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
1004 posts
120 upvotes
Thanks for your response. I have checked various ISPs and they all say cable internet is available. Vmedia shows that FTTN 50 is also available. Would they use the Bell Fibe lines? I'm looking for a cheaper option than Bell Fibe and 50 mbps is fine for me.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
2060 posts
1098 upvotes
SW ON
Kanus wrote: Thanks for your response. I have checked various ISPs and they all say cable internet is available. Vmedia shows that FTTN 50 is also available. Would they use the Bell Fibe lines? I'm looking for a cheaper option than Bell Fibe and 50 mbps is fine for me.
Try Acanac.