Request-A-Deal

Internet deal less than $30

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2016 10:40 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sr. Member
Aug 29, 2008
690 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto

Internet deal less than $30

I'm looking for an internet plan for my mom.
She will be playing some Netflix and checking e-mail and stuff.

So I assume she needs:
1. 6 MBPS at least speed
2. 100 GB Of data (to be safe)
3. No contract
4. Free installation or cheap
5. Modem included in price or cheap to rent.

She doesn't have home phone or any lines in the house and needs to pay $30 plus tax for it. She doesn't mind if the connection is not perfect, she is now connected through her wind phone tethering.

Located in Ottawa.

Thanks.
4 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 10, 2005
596 posts
54 upvotes
Does it matter if it's DSL or Cable? The best deal I could find is ebox's Cable 5/1 service which allows 100GB/month bandwidth for $26.95 month.

Other fees:

Activation fee - $49.95
Modem - $99.95 to buy or $5.95/month - 12 month contract to rent

I'm not with ebox so I can't vouch for them but they have good reviews.

http://www.ebox.ca
Banned
Jan 10, 2012
158 posts
54 upvotes
LONGUEUIL
Soda Popinski wrote: Does it matter if it's DSL or Cable? The best deal I could find is ebox's Cable 5/1 service which allows 100GB/month bandwidth for $26.95 month.

Other fees:

Activation fee - $49.95
Modem - $99.95 to buy or $5.95/month - 12 month contract to rent

I'm not with ebox so I can't vouch for them but they have good reviews.

http://www.ebox.ca
Activation is now $0 until end of June if you switch from an active Videotron/Rogers/Cogeco account.
Banned
Oct 13, 2015
1245 posts
826 upvotes
Sainte-Dorothee, QC
eboxdiskace wrote: Activation is now $0 until end of June if you switch from an active Videotron/Rogers/Cogeco account.
I seen it's 50% off for the installation for new customer on the site.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Aug 29, 2008
690 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
Soda Popinski wrote: Does it matter if it's DSL or Cable? The best deal I could find is ebox's Cable 5/1 service which allows 100GB/month bandwidth for $26.95 month.

Other fees:

Activation fee - $49.95
Modem - $99.95 to buy or $5.95/month - 12 month contract to rent

I'm not with ebox so I can't vouch for them but they have good reviews.

http://www.ebox.ca
Thanks! Change in plans, she needs 10 mbps. that is 32.97 there, plus $5.95 rental plus router another $3.95...plus $49.95 installation it comes a bit pricey.
eboxdiskace wrote: Activation is now $0 until end of June if you switch from an active Videotron/Rogers/Cogeco account.
She is not switching, first time internet there. Does not apply
likemontreal wrote: I seen it's 50% off for the installation for new customer on the site.
Only for C internet, she only qualifies for R.

Top