Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8496 upvotes
GTHA
notfromqc wrote:
Oct 21st, 2016 4:49 pm
Judgment day has begun?
'Black Mirror,' 'Mr. Robot' and More Respond to Internet Outage

Internet-savvy shows took advantage of the cyber attack Friday, with the USA drama tweeting, "A well-timed DDoS attack. Is that all it takes to make the world panic?"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/b ... ore-940572
Deal Guru
Apr 4, 2001
11186 posts
430 upvotes
I saw a guy who looked like Mr. Robot today. I think he is guilty.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17255 posts
1631 upvotes
Space for rent
Yet Rfd soldiers on. Must be the analog of a cochroach in the internet sphere.

As long as Larry Carlton keeps strumming that guitar Imba happy cat.
Penalty Box
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8496 upvotes
GTHA
Hacked Cameras and DVRs Powered Today’s Massive Internet Outage
https://krebsonsecurity.com/2016/10/hac ... et-outage/
A massive and sustained Internet attack that has caused outages and network congestion today for a large number of Web sites was launched with the help of hacked “Internet of Things” (IoT) devices, such as CCTV video cameras and digital video recorders, new data suggests. […]

According to researchers at security firm Flashpoint, today’s attack was launched at least in part by a Mirai-based botnet. Allison Nixon, director of research at Flashpoint, said the botnet used in today’s ongoing attack is built on the backs of hacked IoT devices — mainly compromised digital video recorders (DVRs) and IP cameras made by a Chinese hi-tech company called XiongMai Technologies. The components that XiongMai makes are sold downstream to vendors who then use it in their own products.

“It’s remarkable that virtually an entire company’s product line has just been turned into a botnet that is now attacking the United States,” Nixon said, noting that Flashpoint hasn’t ruled out the possibility of multiple botnets being involved in the attack on Dyn.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
10802 posts
5631 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Sooo they saw me naked in my own home...oh well.
tk1000 wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2016 5:10 pm
A massive and sustained Internet attack that has caused outages and network congestion today for a large number of Web sites was launched with the help of hacked “Internet of Things” (IoT) devices, such as CCTV video cameras and digital video recorders, new data suggests. […]

According to researchers at security firm Flashpoint, today’s attack was launched at least in part by a Mirai-based botnet. Allison Nixon, director of research at Flashpoint, said the botnet used in today’s ongoing attack is built on the backs of hacked IoT devices — mainly compromised digital video recorders (DVRs) and IP cameras made by a Chinese hi-tech company called XiongMai Technologies. The components that XiongMai makes are sold downstream to vendors who then use it in their own products.

“It’s remarkable that virtually an entire company’s product line has just been turned into a botnet that is now attacking the United States,” Nixon said, noting that Flashpoint hasn’t ruled out the possibility of multiple botnets being involved in the attack on Dyn.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Penalty Box
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8496 upvotes
GTHA
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2016 5:12 pm
Sooo they saw me naked in my own home...oh well.
tk1000 wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2016 5:10 pm

No, the cameras were hacked to attack Dyn, not to see you naked. :lol:

Dyn is an Internet infrastructure company that provides critical technology services to some of the Internet’s top destinations.
http://dyn.com/
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2007
1223 posts
121 upvotes
Quick, someone call Trump's 10 year old son. I heard he was good at cyber.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2005
2124 posts
182 upvotes
On a side note....anybody know why there were 2 fighter jets over Toronto yesterday?....At around 4:30-500pm I noticed 2 jets flying over Pearson and turning around and eventually landing at Pearson. Just found it odd....usually see them during Labour Day weekend for the airshow.
Banned
Oct 27, 2016
192 posts
42 upvotes
I can't remember about 21st Oct. But, today my internet connection is slow. Is there any cyber attack today? My internet connection is too slow.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4468 posts
378 upvotes
I also see sites like vodlocker down.