Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Intuit

20% off Intuit TurboTax download versions (valid until March 10)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2022 3:41 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
25194 posts
204344 upvotes
GTA

20% off Intuit TurboTax download versions (valid until March 10)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
March 10, 2022
Retailer:
Intuit
For those looking to buy TurboTax for the 2021 tax year (yes, we all know there are other cheaper/free alternatives), there is a 20% discount available on the download versions through the following link:

https://turbotax.intuit.ca/x/offers/ttd ... 6099000503

Cheaper than the Costco current price and the discount is valid until March 10. I initially thought the 'promo code' at the end might be unique but it's just an offer code they have with their partners and should be able to be used multiple times. This is a TD promo, but I'm sure other banks may have a similar offer.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2006
1160 posts
715 upvotes
Your link was eaten by RFD: here is the link https:// turbotax.intuit.ca/x/offers/ttd-promo.jsp?priorityCode=6099000503

Basic
$19.99
$15.99
INCLUDES 4 RETURNS

Standard

$34.99
$27.99
INCLUDES 8 RETURNS

Premier

$74.99
$59.99
INCLUDES 12 RETURNS

Home & Business

$119.99
$95.99
INCLUDES 12 RETURNS

not sure if it can combine with rakuten
Jul 18, 2017
376 posts
504 upvotes
Montreal
Is there a difference between the online and the download version? I've only used the downloaded one, but besides having my sin on their database, what's the catch? Thanks!
Jan 2, 2020
106 posts
103 upvotes
For anyone who has an AMEX, check for a TurboTax AMEX Offer: Spend $40+ and earn a $10 credit.
Oct 10, 2008
811 posts
604 upvotes
Toronto
Curious why folks would use paid software like this instead of free services like Wealthsimple Tax? Does TurboTax offer something unique? Legit just curious, good deal for those that want to use TurboTax though.
Oct 19, 2005
241 posts
46 upvotes
Damn, seems like TurboTax corporate is excluded. Does anyone know if that version ever goes on sale?

To answer the question on TurboTax vs wealthsimple tax, I've used both and found TurboTax to be the easiest to use. One big thing is in wealthsimple you have to search and add certain forms, whereas TurboTax will ask more questions and add those forms if applicable to you.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
25194 posts
204344 upvotes
GTA
tr!xxy wrote: Curious why folks would use paid software like this instead of free services like Wealthsimple Tax? Does TurboTax offer something unique? Legit just curious, good deal for those that want to use TurboTax though.
You only have to store your data in one place (with CRA) instead of two - that can be a factor for some people. In addition to that, the TurboTax interface is very easy to use and it's hard to miss forms due to all the questions asked (good for unorganized people like me, lol).
Feb 25, 2015
478 posts
269 upvotes
Montreal, QC
toguy wrote: You only have to store your data in one place (with CRA) instead of two - that can be a factor for some people. In addition to that, the TurboTax interface is very easy to use and it's hard to miss forms due to all the questions asked (good for unorganized people like me, lol).
For for info, you can use turbo tax free. It has all the features and same interface of the paid one except you cannot import your data from the last year. If you need this option of importing your data, then yes you have to get the paid version.
Personally I like the interface of TurboTax too. I used ufile many years ago and I didn't like the interface
Dec 17, 2018
373 posts
534 upvotes
Ottawa
skyngai wrote: Your link was eaten by RFD: here is the link https:// turbotax.intuit.ca/x/offers/ttd-promo.jsp?priorityCode=6099000503

Basic
$19.99
$15.99
INCLUDES 4 RETURNS

Standard

$34.99
$27.99
INCLUDES 8 RETURNS

Premier

$74.99
$59.99
INCLUDES 12 RETURNS

Home & Business

$119.99
$95.99
INCLUDES 12 RETURNS

not sure if it can combine with rakuten
I can only find taxes charged on a per return basis. Can you tell me where you are able to download a version that is good for up to 4 people?
Public Mobile $40 for 15gbs
Tiffany December 2021 recipient
Feb 8, 2017
144 posts
70 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Do you need a coupon code to get the 20%, thanks!
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
2414 posts
1799 upvotes
Montreal, QC
tr!xxy wrote: Curious why folks would use paid software like this instead of free services like Wealthsimple Tax? Does TurboTax offer something unique? Legit just curious, good deal for those that want to use TurboTax though.
I'm not using TurboTax and I don't really know much about Wealthsimple Tax but assume it is online only and I can see people using TurboTax (download version) because they want to have their tax data stored on their computer as opposed to another company's servers (which isn't the CRA and/or Revenue Quebec).

I don't use TurboTax but use another downloaded tax software and I have colleagues who use the free online tax software and I don't use the free online software that they are using because of the fact that it stores the data on another company's servers.

Its enough that the CRA has had a breach in security and our tax information/data must be stored there but when I don't need to store my personal information in another company's servers, I don't.
Dec 13, 2016
97 posts
91 upvotes
toronto
Thanks, anyone know if there is really any difference between the Basic version and Standard Version if you're just using it for 2 people? I just realized I used the 'Standard' Version last year from CostCo but I am unsure if the Basic version removes this '400+ credits and deductions' and 'RRSP/Benefits' features advertised.
Jul 18, 2017
376 posts
504 upvotes
Montreal
aftershocks wrote: Wish they had discounts for the online version.
Have you used both ? Can you please tell me what is the difference between the offline and the online version ? Thank you!
Sep 30, 2007
206 posts
145 upvotes
Saint-Constant, Qc
Small trick I just found:
for the frenchies (like me) if you want to use "TurboImpot", go to the french website first and add it to your cart (it will be full price at this point). Then follow the link posted in the 2nd post of this thread and add "TurboTax" to your cart and click to view your cart that will now have 2 items in it.
Behold! "TurboImpot" will now have the 20% reduction. You just need to remove "TurboTax" and checkout.

I've done the above with Rakuten enabled for the site. I have yet to verify if it will give me my cashback (8% today) with the 20% off code.
Nov 27, 2016
447 posts
656 upvotes
m8x
Bonzi wrote: Damn, seems like TurboTax corporate is excluded. Does anyone know if that version ever goes on sale?
I'm assuming you mean TurboTax Business Incorporated ?

I was a user of this software for many years and I always chaffed at the $300 (w/tax) price tag. Especially since I'm a one-person operation and only filled out a tiny percentage of the available fields and forms. This year, I discovered the CRA's free PDF fillable T2 short forms and did a paper filing. While it does not auto-fill, calculate or provide any guidance, it does do the job with a bit of effort. If your business is pretty stable year-to-year use the previous year's returns as a general guide to fill out the forms by matching form field numbers across the two returns.

Full Disclaimer - this is my first year doing it this way and I have not received a "notice of assessment" yet, so the jury is still out in my case.

If I do have any issues, I'll post an update from the prison library computer. Astonished Face
Jun 4, 2018
35 posts
13 upvotes
Is anyone interested in buy TurboTax Premier together and sharing the costs of $60 + tax ? The download version can file 12 returns and be installed on 3 machines.
I only need 3.
Feb 28, 2005
181 posts
22 upvotes
Etobicoke
FYI:
The notice on the top of the page linked above says the offer is expired.
However, if you click on your product choice -- it will show the 20% off price -- and you will be able to purchase at this price.
Just don't refresh the original page first or it'll update the price -- and you have to go back to the original link.

Warning -- if it asks to install C++ distributable -- it will reboot without asking -- so do the install when appropriate.
Oct 19, 2005
241 posts
46 upvotes
echotango wrote: I'm assuming you mean TurboTax Business Incorporated ?

I was a user of this software for many years and I always chaffed at the $300 (w/tax) price tag. Especially since I'm a one-person operation and only filled out a tiny percentage of the available fields and forms. This year, I discovered the CRA's free PDF fillable T2 short forms and did a paper filing. While it does not auto-fill, calculate or provide any guidance, it does do the job with a bit of effort. If your business is pretty stable year-to-year use the previous year's returns as a general guide to fill out the forms by matching form field numbers across the two returns.

Full Disclaimer - this is my first year doing it this way and I have not received a "notice of assessment" yet, so the jury is still out in my case.

If I do have any issues, I'll post an update from the prison library computer. Astonished Face
Yeah I meant Business Incorporated. I saw the fillable forms. It's my first year of incorporation (also a one-man operation) so I might just spend the $300 so I don't miss out on any deductions. Then hopefully I can use the filled form as a template for future years (unless you post that update from prison :))
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9313 posts
5133 upvotes
Does anyone know if you create a tax file in the Home & Business version if you can import it into the following year version of Quicken Standard?