Expired Hot Deals

Quickbooks 2016 Desktop Pro ($90) and Premier ($150) (70% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2016 10:26 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
1171 posts
663 upvotes

Quickbooks 2016 Desktop Pro ($90) and Premier ($150) (70% off)

Deal Link:
Price:
$89.99
Savings:
70% off
Expiry:
June 13, 2016
Intuit Canada webstore has a 70% off sale on Quickbooks 2016 Desktop Pro ($90 for 1 user) and Quickbooks 2016 Desktop Premier ($150 for 2 users).
Multi-user versions also 70% off.
Instant digital download link and license/product number delivered by email. Money-back guarantee, hassle-free refund within 60 days.
70% sale expires on June 13.

Scroll to the bottom of this page for details of the "Limited time offer*" and for "add to cart":
http://quickbooks.intuit.ca/accounting- ... -expenses/
58 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
760 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Damn wish they had a deal on the payroll. ***** 's so expensive!!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
5751 posts
545 upvotes
Toronto
Jesus, talk about timing. I was going to buy QB from staples, they have Pro for $149 and today is the last day of the sale. TY OP, I luv u long time.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
2042 posts
244 upvotes
Ottawa
I bought pro just last week. Fml. But I got payroll. Paid 299 for it. Sigh
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
1171 posts
663 upvotes
Your post includes a link discussing tax filing software (Turbotax), whereas this thread is about accounting software (Quickbooks).
Two totally different products, and the context is also different. It is not that the government wants to do your accounting/bookkeeping for free, and Intuit is lobbying against it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
1171 posts
663 upvotes
shylok wrote:
May 18th, 2016 10:58 pm
I bought pro just last week. Fml. But I got payroll. Paid 299 for it. Sigh
The same thing happened to me in 2014. I had bought the boxed CD from Staples, then it came on sale much cheaper online. I returned the boxed product, and then I purchased the cheaper digital download. I did not need to uninstall/reinstall: just changed the license number and re-registered Quickbooks 2014. I am not sure if the same can be done with Quickbooks 2016.
Jun 29, 2009
81 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga
ahoroba wrote:
May 19th, 2016 12:07 am
The same thing happened to me in 2014. I had bought the boxed CD from Staples, then it came on sale much cheaper online. I returned the boxed product, and then I purchased the cheaper digital download. I did not need to uninstall/reinstall: just changed the license number and re-registered Quickbooks 2014. I am not sure if the same can be done with Quickbooks 2016.
Question.. do you need to buy a new year edition every year?
Jun 14, 2012
20 posts
4 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Phisnarus wrote:
May 19th, 2016 2:12 am
if you want payroll tax tables every year, you need pay every year.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
1171 posts
663 upvotes
Phisnarus wrote:
May 19th, 2016 2:12 am
Only if you need payroll.
Otherwise, solely for accounting purpose, plenty of people are still using 10-year old versions of Quickbooks.
Although, Intuit only provides support (security patches, etc.) for the most recent three editions (2014 onward).
Sep 24, 2008
309 posts
51 upvotes
Oakville
Has anyone converted to quickbooks online? I like the idea - but don't like the fact that there's no way to go back to quickbooks desktop.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2009
1053 posts
123 upvotes
Ottawa
Have never used any version of Quickbooks is mint.ca any comparison to this or does this blow it out of the water?
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2397 posts
554 upvotes
Newmarket
clementma wrote:
May 19th, 2016 8:07 am
Has anyone converted to quickbooks online? I like the idea - but don't like the fact that there's no way to go back to quickbooks desktop.
PROS

ONLINE 1) no software installation, only browser required
2) can be used from any computer or tablet which has internet access
3) user friendly
4) no backing up required, backed up automatically online
5) accountants can easily access it online once invited, no need for sending files, creating accountants copy etc

DESKTOP 1) user friendly
2) very flexible
3) many reporting options
4) suitable for most businesses from small to medium, even with complex inventory

CONS

ONLINE 1) Fairly new product stll with issues to be worked out
2) Needs internet access
3) Security issues related to online use, data file stored in the cloud
4) Slower processing time and refresh time. In comparison to desktop version
the speed of the processing is limited not only to the used computer, but also to the speed
of the internet connection, and the speed of QB server. If any link is broker the data file can't be worked on.
5) Report option is limited in comparison to desktop version, but sufficient for most.
6) Not suitable for clients with complex inventory.
7) Only one report can be opened at the time, which means that to see any previous reports you need to access them
as oppose to click escape, takes much longer.
8) Mandatory monthly subscription even for clients not requiring payroll or updates.

DESKTOP 1) Not online, cons limited mostly to being desktop software.
2) Can only be used from computer with software installed
3) Compatibility issues from one version to another (mostly for accountants)
4) For accountants access via file sent to them.
May 10, 2015
158 posts
62 upvotes
Orillia, ON
In for the premier copy. What a deal! Thanks OP. Missed out on the $300 staples deal a couple months ago but this is way better. My accountant advised against the online version if you're running a business with any slightly complicated transactions going on.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2654 upvotes
Vancouver
There's normally a deal on Quickbooks around this time of year, at least 50% off, but 70% is an especially good deal if you need to update. Even if you don't do online payroll, Quickbooks has a half-life of about 5 years due to support issues and growing incompatibilities.