None
[OP]
Feb 27, 2007
589 posts
244 upvotes
Montreal

iNum - Free SMS + LD/Overseas/Collect Calls

*** iNum support SMS, but I don't know how to use it yet ***

The iNum project started in November 2008 by Voxbone. It is a 15 digit telephone numbers with +883 5100 area code, which may help to break down barriers amongst providers*. Currently only some providers supply and/or support iNum, some charge $0 while Google Voice and Skype charges $, need to check with individual provider.

I first saw iNum and got one from www.voxox.com a year ago, only have time to learn it now. More information on current hot deals from VOXOX at voxox-free-sms-long-distance-internatio ... s-1521013/

Ways to call iNum woldwide: (I'm giving out my VOXOX iNum for overseas friend to make free collect call)
1) dial last 9 digits of iNum via iNum Gateway, http://www.inum.net/what-is-inum-2/loca ... s-numbers/
2) dial all 15 digits of iNum via SIPBroker Gateway, http://www.sipbroker.com/sipbroker/action/pstnNumbers
3) Local Access# (or Calling Card dial in #) of your service provider
For all above methods, pressing "#" after iNum will speed up gateway response time.

The SIPBroker Gateway does work, but could be painful dialing: a) need to wait till message end before dialing iNum, and b) higher probability in dialing wrong # during the 15 digits. However, if one's country is not on the iNum Gateway list, do check out the SIPBroker Gateway. More details at http://blog.voipdiy.com/2011/01/inum-mo ... -from.html

* from Viber, free call to my iNum 011-883-510-123-456-789 and I can answer friend's Viber call on my landline/mobile/SIP phone with VOXOX free forwarding. Tested OK. But only one-way communication.

** If anyone figure out how to link Whatsapp with iNum, I'd be grateful. Few friends on Whatsapp and I don't want to install the app.
3 replies
Jun 27, 2012
913 posts
99 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I use Voxox. I got an INUM when I signed up with Voxox. I haven't ever used it but realized the potential for this service in international calling is enormous. So I tried using my local INUM number (it worked), inputed my INUM number:
88351xxxxxxxxxx
Then I heard this:
"your account is not authorized to make this call"

?
[OP]
Feb 27, 2007
589 posts
244 upvotes
Montreal
Extremely sorry for the delay, only see your question now.

Since your location is in Winnipeg, I search the iNum gateway page,
1. dial Winnipeg iNum access# (204) 272-8182,
2. dial the last 9 digits of your iNum, (i.e. skip 883-51X)
3. press "#" after 9# will speed up connection.

Alternatively, use SIP Broker gateway: (I find it extremely hard to dial 15 digits, always make mistake)
1. dial Winnipeg SIPbroker access# 204-2720207 or 204-480-4085
2. dial all 15 digits of your iNum, =883-5xx-123456789
3. press "3"

Yes, u've just called yourself. I change my VOXOX "setting", in "Find me", ticked "Call Simultaneously", enter all my international friends' phone#ss, ticked whoever I want to call before I do process listed above. Everytime I call my own iNum, whoever I ticked under the Call Simultaneous # will ring.

It worked fine for us for months. Once or twice insufficient phone lines. Remind u that there is an automatic TOPUP of $1.00 every month on all accounts. If your account doesn't reset to $1 monthly, open a new account. I have an old account that doesn't get top up.

Hope this help!
Jun 27, 2012
913 posts
99 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
My regular Voxox number is working fine.
I tried dialing my INUM Voxox number and it didn't work. It says I'm not authorized to make this call which is ridiculous because I'm trying to receive the call, not make it. Going to Preferences in Voxox didn't work yesterday because it didn't even load. All other areas of Preferences loaded. Today it loaded and there seems to be no place to load the INUM number. I thought it was already loaded if I have it.

Javascript Alert: This is currently an issue with your account. Please contact support for help. (http://support.voxox.com)

Of course that link is useless. When I log in it tells me nothing.

How people can design a system this complex and then let it fail by such inconsequential means is utterly mind bogglng. Its like making a car then forgetting it needs tires. Welcome to hi-tech where common sense has flown out the window. I see it website after website. The size of the company doesn't even matter. Facebook is a perfect example. Just a complete disaster.

If VOIP companies would stop being such clowns they would enjoy mammoth market share.