• Sep 15th, 2020 7:59 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jun 8, 2020
42 posts
21 upvotes

Invest BIP now or during us election?

I'm interested in BIP stock.

Safe to buy now or wait a bit more during US election? (Oct/Nov)
6 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
14476 posts
7397 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
In the long run, I don't think it matters too much... the stock is still about 10% below it's all-time highs and has been going up steadily since the crash. Even with some of the minor corrections we have seen in the past few months, BIP hasn't really be affected too much.
Nov 17, 2016
140 posts
90 upvotes
craftsman wrote: In the long run, I don't think it matters too much... the stock is still about 10% below it's all-time highs and has been going up steadily since the crash. Even with some of the minor corrections we have seen in the past few months, BIP hasn't really be affected too much.
Is it 10% off all-time high if you include the BIPC spinoff? I have some in my RRSP and haven't looked at it in ages.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2017
1622 posts
1649 upvotes
There is an existing BIP thread :)

brookfield-companies-2206405/

I think a good way to evaluate BIP is vs their average yield. As of Aug it looks like the 5 year average yield was 5.12% based on the Canadian Dividend All stars list (https://www.dividendgrowthinvestingandr ... star-list/). I think BIP is a great stock but I'd probably look to buy when its closer to yielding 5%.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
14476 posts
7397 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
StevePos wrote: Is it 10% off all-time high if you include the BIPC spinoff? I have some in my RRSP and haven't looked at it in ages.
That's with the spin off calculated in... at least according to Google and their graphs.