Ionos

HOT! Web Hosting + Domain + 25 Emails at $1 for 1 year

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2020 10:56 am
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1652 posts
1628 upvotes
i also had a bad experience with 1and1 with a domain that i lost control of after I tried to transfer it to them. once i got access back i got the hell out there
Wallet safe...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
6561 posts
6871 upvotes
Vancouver
There are some issues. They offer a large web storage space, but the fine print is that they actually provide a small web storage space initially and expand it on request. At which point they tell you that technically their web space is for html web pages only, not for storing any larger non-html files, which makes it pretty useless.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
7025 posts
7221 upvotes
Downtown Canada
JackWhyte wrote: Lots of companies offer higher-end enterprise plans at $6-$7 a month, and I use one with dedicated IP, SSDs, quad CPU, dedicated memory, high-end bandwidth + unlimited everything for $6.24 CAD a month over a 3-year commitment.

And yes, it's very fast and very stable.
Who is the provider ? Looks like you have a good deal
Telus $30/25GB X 4 lines Non shareable
$0 200 USA LD min/month X 4 lines
$0 Visual Voicemail X 4 lines

Fringe Minority
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1749 posts
946 upvotes
Toronto, ON
You know you can at least 12 month free virtual private server from all the big cloud companies eg. amazon aws EC2, MS Azure, etc. right?
Some even gives basic html hosting for free forever.
Even tho $1 a year is attractive, the ongoing pricing is not exactly that great for basic hosting these days.
Apr 30, 2017
561 posts
1003 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, Quebec
BenjaminE406297 wrote: Buyer beware. Check the reviews, please.
I've been with 1and1 for exactly 15 years and never had a problem.
Apr 30, 2017
561 posts
1003 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, Quebec
JackWhyte wrote: Lots of companies offer higher-end enterprise plans at $6-$7 a month, and I use one with dedicated IP, SSDs, quad CPU, dedicated memory, high-end bandwidth + unlimited everything for $6.24 CAD a month over a 3-year commitment.

Can you name that company?
Feb 21, 2019
16 posts
7 upvotes
JonDuke19 wrote: I've been with 1and1 for exactly 15 years and never had a problem.
I was their customer for about 13-years before they screwed me with shady processing followed by a bait and switch. Spoke to several managers who agreed "Yeah, I see we offered you that deal...but we're not going to honour it."
Left and wouldn't go back based on that experience. Advise to stick with someone who will follow through on promises.
[OP]
Nov 2, 2019
41 posts
47 upvotes
wow. hell lot of down-votes, is it that bad? I am thinking of signing up for a PHP and mySQL project. for $1.. I get a domain, 25 emails and a full stack website to start up my venture. what else can be expect out of $1?
Jun 18, 2016
850 posts
2571 upvotes

What does this have to do with Dollarama?
Apr 30, 2017
561 posts
1003 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, Quebec
haterhigh wrote: I was their customer for about 13-years before they screwed me with shady processing followed by a bait and switch. Spoke to several managers who agreed "Yeah, I see we offered you that deal...but we're not going to honour it."
Left and wouldn't go back based on that experience. Advise to stick with someone who will follow through on promises.
Oh wow. I admit, I never changed anything. I bought domains 15y ago and kept them all this time. I used them for subdomains and I have email boxes free with them.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2015
1131 posts
1782 upvotes
Vancouver
I’ve used them a few times. A good deal for your temporary project with wordpress. It’s easy to backup and migrate after the first year. Even for the domain, this is a good deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1999 posts
780 upvotes
BC
JonDuke19 wrote: Can you name that company?
Turnkey Internet. $4.99/mo when buying 3 years. Though, they've usually had that for $2.99 before. Great support. I recommend these for business use when it fits the company needs.

Lowendtalk.com and lowendbox.com for cheap personal use deals.
Koodo: $45/10GB Unlimited Canada wide calling
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1999 posts
780 upvotes
BC
MooseV2 wrote: What does this have to do with Dollarama?
What does this have to do with web hosting?
Koodo: $45/10GB Unlimited Canada wide calling
Apr 30, 2017
561 posts
1003 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, Quebec
Timbo420 wrote: Turnkey Internet. $4.99/mo when buying 3 years. Though, they've usually had that for $2.99 before. Great support. I recommend these for business use when it fits the company needs.

Lowendtalk.com and lowendbox.com for cheap personal use deals.
Thanks. I appreciate that. I'll check them out.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
35164 posts
8582 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
unodos wrote: The worst company I have ever dealt with.They will auto renew and keep sending invoices ,years after cancelling the service
I still keep getting past due invoices of the hosting services that I have cancelled 5 yrs back.
Read the terms of service carefully if they have inserted any contract clause
I didn't deal with IONOS, but I did deal with 1&1 and my experience is exactly what you stated.

When I finally did get them to stop chasing me for money, they stole my domain name and refused to let me transfer it.

Because of that experience, I never use the same company to register domain names and hosting.
Jan 8, 2007
575 posts
228 upvotes
Edmonton
Upvoted and got the deal. 1 yr of hosting for a testing environment is dirt cheap for a buck is incredible. If you know of a place that will give all that for free, let me know. Even an Amazon test site costs more. Alibaba isn't too bad, but I find their DNS horrendously slow, but they had a lot of great domains for $2.50/year that people could use for short domains gr8t.top. I managed to get a few 3 character domains a long time ago for the same purchase.

Thanks Op. Even if it sucks in the end, it's still a great deal.
I got kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Sep 9, 2018
346 posts
230 upvotes
Toronto
Good chance a similar deal will be available in 12 months, just cancel your current contract and subscribe to a new one. I have been on promo pricing with 1&1 for the last 15 years.
Aug 6, 2011
110 posts
34 upvotes
St Catharines
Debating on getting this deal. I’ve been meaning to get my website for my side business going. Any pluses going this route; A Wordpress site vs. A Shopify site?
[OP]
Nov 2, 2019
41 posts
47 upvotes
finally pulled the plug, bought 2 domains(.com,.ca) and business hosting package.

All inclusive for 1 year comes to $2 charge on my credit card for now. Hopefully nothing more to come.

Motive - starting a side business.
Jun 15, 2018
47 posts
14 upvotes
SuperNaut wrote: Good chance a similar deal will be available in 12 months, just cancel your current contract and subscribe to a new one. I have been on promo pricing with 1&1 for the last 15 years.
Oh wtth how? You transfer the same account over and over?