• Jun 12th, 2021 2:01 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
4048 posts
442 upvotes
Toronto

iOS 14.6 poor battery life

I got a notification today saying 14.6 is available. Out of curiousity I googled it to see what new features there would be. Apparently there is a chronic battery drain issue where I phones die within 5 hours. I turned off auto install until a fix is released. Has anyone downloaded 14.6? How is your battery life. I have an IP12PM BTW
8 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
17305 posts
3734 upvotes
Toronto
Been in 14.6 since release date with no problem on a 2 year old iPhone 8.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1371 posts
340 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
I can definitely see an increase in the idle drain, though nowhere near a full drain in 5 hours. I have an iPhone SE 2020
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
1201 posts
858 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
I noticed a bit of unusual battery drain, but certainly not empty in 5 hours. iphone 6s plus with 2 yr old battery.
Feb 4, 2017
53 posts
7 upvotes
I have iPhone 12 Pro Max on 14.6 for the past couple of days. no issues here.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3251 posts
852 upvotes
Toronto
I normally do a factory reset after each software update; see if the drain remains after a factory reset.
My Heatware Feedback: Click!
Apr 16, 2008
374 posts
409 upvotes
No unusual battery drain on an 11 pro. 2018 iPad seems to be working as normal too.
Dec 13, 2019
450 posts
367 upvotes
How many years has it been since iOS came out? They're going onto iOS 15 and still suffering from mystery battery drain from an OS update... :facepalm: The joys of being an iPhone user where you must visit websites, reviews, and forums for battery drain issues from early adopters every time a new iOS update is released. :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong. iOS has many great improvements and features over the years, but it boggles my mind to hear that the OS update mystery battery drain issue is still an issue in this day and age -- and Apple being an billion dollar company "does not have the resources" to fix this. Frankly, it's infuriating that iPhones sell themselves on being low maintenance (and inherently expensive devices) and "it just works", and users are forced to factory reset their iPhone in hopes this will fix the mystery battery drain issue. Crying Face Or wait until Apple officially addresses this with a patch for the patch (a la Microsoft style of patching).
Why settle for MSRP when you can wait and get it at a lower price? 😉
Nov 11, 2006
223 posts
127 upvotes
East Kootenays
LesDeals wrote: How many years has it been since iOS came out? They're going onto iOS 15 and still suffering from mystery battery drain from an OS update... :facepalm: The joys of being an iPhone user where you must visit websites, reviews, and forums for battery drain issues from early adopters every time a new iOS update is released. :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong. iOS has many great improvements and features over the years, but it boggles my mind to hear that the OS update mystery battery drain issue is still an issue in this day and age -- and Apple being an billion dollar company "does not have the resources" to fix this. Frankly, it's infuriating that iPhones sell themselves on being low maintenance (and inherently expensive devices) and "it just works", and users are forced to factory reset their iPhone in hopes this will fix the mystery battery drain issue. Crying Face Or wait until Apple officially addresses this with a patch for the patch (a la Microsoft style of patching).
In all fairness it seems to be a common complaint amongst Android users too.

At present my wife has the iPhone 12 Pro and I her old 6S Plus, along w/three iPads, nope no excessive battery drain issues that I've noticed. Pretty much an iPhone world where I live as well and so far haven't heard of a single complaint in regards to this.

Been using Androids for well over a decade (presently have 7 on the go), can't recall ever encountering any major battery drain(s) after an update past or present.

So I wonder, out of the 3.8 billion smartphones in use today how many have extreme battery drain issues after an update such as was eluded to here?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Arrow