Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
iOS App Store

[iPad only] FTL: Faster Than Light ($13.99 -> $3.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2017 3:50 pm
20 replies
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
14882 posts
4842 upvotes
Nanaimo, BC
It sure gets some good reviews, e.g.,

http://toucharcade.com/2014/04/03/ftl-f ... ad-review/

And it is a great price.

It looks like a game for people who are willing and able to put some time into learning an immersive game experience.
Global warming will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur (United Nations IPCC Report 2021)

Every disaster film starts with scientists being ignored
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1322 posts
282 upvotes
Is this too advanced for 6-7 year olds ? I am not much of a gamer, but they both have ipads and like playing games.
Oct 10, 2012
392 posts
76 upvotes
London
darkesha wrote: Is this too advanced for 6-7 year olds ? I am not much of a gamer, but they both have ipads and like playing games.
This game is very hard and unforgiving. Great game but it depends how hardcore your kids are. Lol
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2011
2123 posts
1605 upvotes
Montreal
SoroSuub1 wrote: This is a great game. Is it different from the PC version in any way other than the obvious?
Content-wise, I believe they are identical. And the obvious differences are the controls and UI.
darkesha wrote: Is this too advanced for 6-7 year olds ? I am not much of a gamer, but they both have ipads and like playing games.
I would say that it may be a bit too advanced for them. If they like spaceships and stuff, they may still enjoy it, but they may not be able to progress very far if they don't figure out how to manage their ship/crew/resources.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
2198 posts
2414 upvotes
Can't speak for the iPhone version, but if it's the same as the pc version this is an incredible deal. I've logged more hours on this game than anything else aside from civ5.

The game is tough and unforgiving, but after failing a few games you'll start to get the hang of it.
Mar 7, 2011
160 posts
92 upvotes
Montreal
Bought it earlier today.
It takes some adjustment with the UI/UX.
I find it finicky when moving the crew around.

Other than that, it's FTL... One of the best roguelike there is (with Spelunky). Buy it people.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
2173 posts
883 upvotes
Just bought it and realized it hasn't been updated since 2014! Don't expect any bug fixes... ever.

Edit: Just installed it and it said this game may slow down your iPad. Ugh.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21783 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
Still no Android version, eh?
Dec 2, 2016
456 posts
637 upvotes
Good find, and a wicked game. I have over 100 hours on steam and just recently started it up again. Pretty much infinite playability as it's a rogue-like. I don't know if I could handle it on a phone but iPad seems ideal.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
4626 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
It's worth a shot. I mean, yes, the game is tough and if your kid is not the patient type and can't deal with losing in a video game then they will likely not stick with it.

That said, people often don't give kids enough credit. When I was that age I loved trying to pick apart games like this that largely went over my head (and often in a language that I didn't even understand). The whole appeal of rogue-likes is gradually getting better and having fun in spite of dying again and again, since every playthrough is a learning experience.

The game always starts you off in an area that is very easy to just mess around and experiment, and I can see someone having fun there even if they don't advance much past that. You don't have to be a tactical genius to enjoy the combat on a basic level.

second2none wrote: Just bought it and realized it hasn't been updated since 2014! Don't expect any bug fixes... ever.

Edit: Just installed it and it said this game may slow down your iPad. Ugh.
What are you talking about? The game runs totally fine on my old ass iPad. It's not that demanding a game.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2011
2123 posts
1605 upvotes
Montreal
simonfrank wrote: Dead?
tk1000 wrote: Yes, price went back up to $13.99
Apparently there was some error or something, but it will be back on sale soon.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2011
2123 posts
1605 upvotes
Montreal
Back down to $3.99!
Jan 5, 2010
424 posts
303 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
It is showing $13.99 for me..... I will pay 3.99, but not $14.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
DiscountRaja wrote: It is showing $13.99 for me..... I will pay 3.99, but not $14.
It's $3.99 again