Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

iOS Indie Gems Sale - 50% or more discount

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2016 2:36 pm
Sep 4, 2016
680 posts
338 upvotes

iOS Indie Gems Sale - 50% or more discount

Deal Link:
There is currently a sale on some of the very best iOS indie games - ones that rarely go on sale because they are almost all not freemium games requiring endless micropayments.

PocketGamer has a rundown on all the titles on sale this weekend, including:

80 Days
Alto's Adventure
Badland 2
Icycle
Leo's Fortune
Lumino City
Machinarium
Monument Valley
Prune
Trick Shot
Piloteer
SPL-T
Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP
Threes!

Read some of the linked reviews above - these are not the typical run of the mill crap - they are the cream of the crop!
Last edited by invite on Oct 16th, 2016 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
13 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
Machinarium and Monument Valley ate both fantastic. Haven't played any of the others.
Jun 3, 2013
37 posts
22 upvotes
Victoria
Cool, I've had my eye on Monument Valley and a few others of these for a while.

Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery is the only one I own. It is terrific, and a steal at this price.
Jul 4, 2015
382 posts
221 upvotes
Lumino City is great as well. Piloteer on the other hand was quite boring.
Sep 4, 2016
680 posts
338 upvotes
Apologies for having the BB Code disabled - I didn't notice it got accidentally clicked - OP should be a little easier to read now. ;)
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
3130 posts
655 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks OP. Had Superbrothers on my Android phone; now I've got it for iOS. Lumino City and Monument Valley looked interesting so I grabbed those as well.

Threes! is definitely worth it (I paid regular price for it). Like 2048 but more fun.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1466 posts
2212 upvotes
Toronto
Dont forget Dark Echo is in there for $0.99. Its pretty cool and awesome with a good set of headsets
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
1366 posts
280 upvotes
Monument Valley was great, I beat it on my friends iPad, and proceeded to purchase it on my account after because it was so wonderful.
True RFD spirit, care about every PENNY.

"The tooth fairy teaches children that they can sell body parts for money."
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2009
1513 posts
1214 upvotes
I have a number of these games. Monument Valley is excellent.

Alto's Adventure is great too. You can also play it on the AppleTV as well as on your mobile device.

I'd stay away from Piloteer.
Sep 4, 2016
680 posts
338 upvotes
frugal1 wrote: Alto's Adventure is great too. You can also play it on the AppleTV as well as on your mobile device.
Alto's Adventure is also one of the first iOS games to feature 3D Touch and enhanced haptic feedback - so it makes a great showcase game for those with a new iPhone 7.

Personally, I already owned most of the games because I'm a fan of premium games without the microtransaction begging, and especially ones with funky and unique styles. However, I did pick up Lumino City, which was first entirely constructed by it's designers out of paper and then photographed for use in the game.

Not quite in the same category, but on a great flash sale right now, are the two 'GO' games by Square Enix - 99¢ CAD for both Hitman GO and Lara Croft GO. They usually cost $2.99 USD and $4.99 USD. They are unusual formalized stealth games which almost play like chess. The bundle is called 'The GO Collection'. (There is also an alternative 99¢ bundle called 'Hitman Essentials' which replaces Lara Croft GO with the more traditional Hitman: Sniper game.)

Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2012
1001 posts
552 upvotes
Toronto
INKS is available for free on the Apple Store App (not App Store) under the discover tab.

I've really given up on mobile gaming over the last few years (besides Pokemon Go in its prime) but this game is amazingly well designed and actually fun.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2009
1513 posts
1214 upvotes
Lumino City is also a nice game that can be played on the AppleTV. Playing on your tv allows you to solve the puzzles with other people. The game is a good game to get kids to read too.

Hitman GO and Lara Croft GO are good games too. I like the Lara Croft game much better, but you can't go wrong by getting both for 99 cents.
Sep 4, 2016
680 posts
338 upvotes
The sale is limited time only, and I had thought the it was supposed to end yesterday, but it's still on as of this morning. Perhaps they're running it a full week until this Thursday?
Jul 4, 2006
261 posts
426 upvotes
Vancouver
I had previously purchased Hitman Go but I proceeded to look for the "GO collection Bundle" anyway and it allowed me to complete my bundle without paying extra. Got Lara Croft GO for free!
invite wrote:
frugal1 wrote: Alto's Adventure is great too. You can also play it on the AppleTV as well as on your mobile device.
Alto's Adventure is also one of the first iOS games to feature 3D Touch and enhanced haptic feedback - so it makes a great showcase game for those with a new iPhone 7.

Personally, I already owned most of the games because I'm a fan of premium games without the microtransaction begging, and especially ones with funky and unique styles. However, I did pick up Lumino City, which was first entirely constructed by it's designers out of paper and then photographed for use in the game.

Not quite in the same category, but on a great flash sale right now, are the two 'GO' games by Square Enix - 99¢ CAD for both Hitman GO and Lara Croft GO. They usually cost $2.99 USD and $4.99 USD. They are unusual formalized stealth games which almost play like chess. The bundle is called 'The GO Collection'. (There is also an alternative 99¢ bundle called 'Hitman Essentials' which replaces Lara Croft GO with the more traditional Hitman: Sniper game.)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)