1114 posts
874 upvotes

NDI Camera and Capture App free

Deal Link:
Expiry:
June 1, 2020
Retailer:
iOS
Hi guys I came across this deal for those in need of a webcam during the pandemic but can’t seem to find one. NDI has made their iPhone capture and camera apps free until June 1.
I believe they are normally 10 -20 bucks otherwise so not a bad time to get it.

It takes a new or older iPhone and converts it into a webcam so you can use with popular networks like Skype. Teams, zoom etc. with your mac or pc

To get it to work you need to download the NDI-OBS free plug in. I’ve only gotten it to work via OBS but I’m sure there are other ways as well

Enjoy
Last edited by sks8100 on Apr 26th, 2020 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
33 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
1114 posts
874 upvotes
downvotes must be android users or those that dont appreciate free software....:)
Jun 22, 2009
952 posts
291 upvotes
Kitchener
So, I can connect iPhone to PC and use it as web cam? I don't see it in the description...
Слава Україні!
Jun 22, 2009
952 posts
291 upvotes
Kitchener
BTW, from their FAQ:

The NDI™ Camera App, available on both the iTunes and Google Play app store
sks8100 wrote: downvotes must be android users or those that dont appreciate free software....:)
Слава Україні!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
1114 posts
874 upvotes
Zhopa wrote: So, I can connect iPhone to PC and use it as web cam? I don't see it in the description...
Yes you can
Feb 6, 2019
163 posts
103 upvotes
Zhopa wrote: BTW, from their FAQ:

They pulled support for their Android app. I can't find it I'm the Google play store.
Feb 6, 2019
163 posts
103 upvotes
Zhopa wrote: BTW, from their FAQ:

They pulled support for their Android app. I can't find it I'm the Google play store.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2609 posts
851 upvotes
sks8100 wrote: Hi guys I came across this deal for those in need of a webcam during the pandemic but can’t seem to find one. NDI has made their iPhone capture and camera apps free until June 1.
I believe they are normally 10 -20 bucks otherwise so not a bad time to get it.

It takes a new or older iPhone and converts it into a webcam so you can use with popular networks like Skype. Teams, zoom etc. with your mac or pc

To get it to work you need to download the NDI-OBS free plug in. I’ve only gotten it to work via OBS but I’m sure there are other ways as well

Enjoy
Your link takes me to NDI HX Camera, that has the NDI-OBS plugin as part of it, or is that a plugin required by the PC/MAC? Are there any links to tutorials on how to get this to work?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
42333 posts
6724 upvotes
Thanks OP. Not a fan of installing third party apps or plugins from unknown devs.

#cybersecurity
Proud to be an Indian.
Dec 17, 2019
228 posts
235 upvotes
Montreal
djemzine wrote: Thanks OP. Not a fan of installing third party apps or plugins from unknown devs.

#cybersecurity
sure but it's iOS...
I'm a customer at Public Mobile and VoIP.ms!
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
42333 posts
6724 upvotes
danmartin471 wrote: sure but it's iOS...
The plugin install on our computers.

NDI-OBS plugin
Proud to be an Indian.
907 posts
607 upvotes
After hunting and testing for months, this was the best app for low latency video I could find that would even remotely allow for a live broadcast using wifi video transmission and obs. I've done a few live events with it. It would be incredibly stupid not to download it if you use OBS at all.

Thanks OP!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
1114 posts
874 upvotes
djemzine wrote: The plugin install on our computers.

NDI-OBS plugin
OBS is a very popular program that many professionals use for media devices. NDI has also been around for a long time. It was really between NDI and OBS cam for iOS and after NDI made it free for 2 months because of the pandemic, it was a no brainer. I can understand the security concerns though what software doesn’t have its risks these days ie. Zoom
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
1114 posts
874 upvotes
vodka wrote: Your link takes me to NDI HX Camera, that has the NDI-OBS plugin as part of it, or is that a plugin required by the PC/MAC? Are there any links to tutorials on how to get this to work?
If you check YouTube there are several tutorials from some popular youtubers in this space
Jan 19, 2007
907 posts
607 upvotes
sks8100 wrote: OBS is a very popular program that many professionals use for media devices. NDI has also been around for a long time. It was really between NDI and OBS cam for iOS and after NDI made it free for 2 months because of the pandemic, it was a no brainer. I can understand the security concerns though what software doesn’t have its risks these days ie. Zoom
NewTek has been around forever. In no way is this an unknown company or Dev. The app works locally over WiFi and poses no security risk if you're using it as it was intended.
Deal Fanatic
May 15, 2016
6866 posts
2417 upvotes
Isn't this called facetime or google hanglouts?
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2609 posts
851 upvotes
Won't install on my iPad 2, even though it says it's to repurpose older iPhone and iPads... bummer...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
1114 posts
874 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: Isn't this called facetime or google hanglouts?
Not everybody has access to a webcam right now. They are in shortage given the pandemic. This essentially lets you take a phone and mount it so you can use it as a webcam with your computer.
Jun 22, 2009
952 posts
291 upvotes
Kitchener
You are right... Sorry, I trusted their FAQ :)
melias2 wrote: They pulled support for their Android app. I can't find it I'm the Google play store.
Слава Україні!
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2609 posts
851 upvotes
sks8100 wrote: Not everybody has access to a webcam right now. They are in shortage given the pandemic. This essentially lets you take a phone and mount it so you can use it as a webcam with your computer.
Wyze has also released firmware to turn their camera into a webcam.