Computers & Electronics

iPad Air as a screen on Win 10 Laptop - Is this possible?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2020 6:50 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
15179 posts
3520 upvotes
Toronto

iPad Air as a screen on Win 10 Laptop - Is this possible?

I have the following laptop (https://www.dell.com/en-ca/work/shop/la ... 490-laptop) and the iPad Air (https://www.apple.com/ca/ipad-air/) and wanted to connect some cable to make the iPad as another monitor.

What would I need to do this? I already am using the HDMI connection and one USB connection to connect to 2 additional monitors. Would I be able to setup a third monitor?

Thanks
Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
6 replies
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
15179 posts
3520 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, this won't work for me in that my system is locked down and I can't install software. I am able to connect a monitor natively which is why I was looking at a cable alternative.
Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Jun 6, 2013
513 posts
524 upvotes
Toronto, ON
You're not going to be able to do this without installing some sort of software on your PC.
Sep 13, 2010
190 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I use the duet app and works fairly well. It’s not as sharp as a regular monitor. I’ve been using my iPad screen to review my Outlook and laptop screen for everything else.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
42368 posts
6733 upvotes
Bruised_Lee wrote: I use the duet app and works fairly well. It’s not as sharp as a regular monitor. I’ve been using my iPad screen to review my Outlook and laptop screen for everything else.
I think this is on sale for $13.99 now.

So if we are using outlook on a browser we can use it on our iPad? How about windows command line? Etc. ?
Proud to be an Indian.
7112 posts
1444 upvotes
Toronto
I use an app called Spacedesk, it works for android/windows/ios/etc... I found it to be much better than competing apps and it is free.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.