• Nov 27th, 2019 4:38 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39917 posts
5973 upvotes
King City

iPad Black Friday Inquiry - Trade In Old iPad

Since a lot of retailers are having the iPad 7th gen on sale, I wanted to know if all or some retailers are also accepting traded in older gen iPads.

Example I know that Best Buy accepts trade ins, so the amount can be used towards the purchase of a new iPad in general. Are they doing this for Black Friday? How about Staples and The Source?

Is the Apple Store also having a sale on Black Friday?
Proud to be an Indian.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39917 posts
5973 upvotes
King City
Bump. Anyone?
Proud to be an Indian.
552 posts
386 upvotes
Calgary
The Apple website says they have an event Black Friday. Up to $280 back in Apple gift cards depending on what you purchase.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39917 posts
5973 upvotes
King City
UltimateB wrote: The Apple website says they have an event Black Friday. Up to $280 back in Apple gift cards depending on what you purchase.
Thanks, but I am not sure if this answers my question.

Example, we will be trading in an older iPad which is worth $75. If I go to the Apple Store, WalMart, The Source, Staples or Best Buy, will we get a $75 gift card for the trade in amount. Then use that $75 on top of the purchase towards the new iPad there and then.

Just wanted to know if for Black Friday they are allowing this or not, as opposed to any other normal day.
Proud to be an Indian.
791 posts
188 upvotes
djemzine wrote: Thanks, but I am not sure if this answers my question.

Example, we will be trading in an older iPad which is worth $75. If I go to the Apple Store, WalMart, The Source, Staples or Best Buy, will we get a $75 gift card for the trade in amount. Then use that $75 on top of the purchase towards the new iPad there and then.

Just wanted to know if for Black Friday they are allowing this or not, as opposed to any other normal day.
I doubt that they would stop that. My only thing is that it would be busy on Black Friday. You’d be waiting a long time to do it. Why not do it now? You can hold onto your GC and then buy something with it any time you want later
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39917 posts
5973 upvotes
King City
porkchopbread wrote: I doubt that they would stop that. My only thing is that it would be busy on Black Friday. You’d be waiting a long time to do it. Why not do it now? You can hold onto your GC and then buy something with it any time you want later
That's a better idea. I'll definitely do that before. Hopefully they'll accept the gift card on Black Friday then.
Proud to be an Indian.
791 posts
188 upvotes
djemzine wrote: That's a better idea. I'll definitely do that before. Hopefully they'll accept the gift card on Black Friday then.
Your gift card should be eligible to use at any time instore or online
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2004
1941 posts
536 upvotes
Toronto
Overall you're better off selling the iPad on Kijiji - you'd get more than $75 for it.
LRT: Let's Ruin Toronto