• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2018 12:28 am
Tags:
[OP]
May 12, 2016
48 posts
8 upvotes

ipad recovery

I got an Ipad mini 2 from RBC by opening a checking account back in 2016.

Somehow it got locked by my family member and they forget the password if icloud, I reset the device through itunes but it still asks for the password "This Ipad is linked to an Apple ID. Enter the apple ID and password that were used to...."

Now I am trying to reset the ID but I dont remember the secret answers and I did not setup alternate email address.

I called Apple for assistance, they created a case and have asked me to for invoice which was used to purchase it . I explained it to them that it came through RBC and I did not purchase it. They said they still want the invoice so i called RBC. RBC helpline is saying that they do not have invoice for that and Apple shouldnt be asking for invoice as its their product and they should know it ..

without the invoice this ipad is dead. Has anyone been in similar situation and is there any fix to this problem now?
3 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
17308 posts
3740 upvotes
Toronto
Unfortunately, there is no way to remove the iCloud lock without the proper credentials for the iPad or iCloud.com.

Without the receipt, the Apple store will not unlock it either.

I have a iPhone 6s sitting in a desk drawer that is in the same situation.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16125 posts
4622 upvotes
Markham
Without invoice, Apple see it as a stolen ipad
they won't help you

the Apple id you use, is an email address you have right?
what about showing Apple you can log in to the email address ??
but you simply forgot the password for Apple id
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33805 posts
7447 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Keigotw wrote: the Apple id you use, is an email address you have right?
what about showing Apple you can log in to the email address ??
but you simply forgot the password for Apple id
Probably forgot the password for the email address too. Because you can do a password recovery by email.