• Jun 4th, 2020 10:28 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
17773 posts
4362 upvotes
Toronto

iPhone 12 delayed according to Broadcom

Broadcom says they won't be getting big revenue from a large North American mobile phone customer - which means Apple - until their fiscal Q4. Their Q4 ends the first week of November, which means it starts in August. That likely means manufacturing of the iPhone will begin in August or September and will ramp up in October.

There is usually a couple of month delay from manufacturing to release so don't expect decent availability (or availability at all) of the iPhone 12 series until November.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... be-delayed

Hock Tan, chief executive officer of Broadcom, discussed a “major product cycle delay” at a “large North American mobile phone” customer, during an earnings conference call with analysts on Thursday.

Tan often refers to Apple this way. This time, the executive said the delay will mean the bump in wireless revenue experienced by Broadcom will happen one quarter later than usual this year.

“We are in,” Hock said, referring Broadcom components in the iPhone. “The question is timing.”

“This year, we do not expect to see this uptick in revenue until our fourth fiscal quarter,” the CEO added. “So accordingly, we expect, our wireless revenue in Q3 will be down sequentially.”
1 reply
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
17773 posts
4362 upvotes
Toronto
Now that I have been thinking about it more, I'm thinking they may actually announce in October, and could even have some availability by the end of October, but I wouldn't necessarily count on it. Availability by November seems like a relatively safe bet though.