• Jun 1st, 2021 3:28 pm
8 replies
Apr 8, 2021
822 posts
1074 upvotes
Poutine
oooff good luck

your phone will surely be alright, *
Last edited by MrDisco on May 27th, 2021 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unnecessary
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎

Happy RFD member since 2001.
Happy Public Mobile Customer since 2017
Happy VoIP.ms Customer since 2011

+14
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6564 upvotes
Toronto
AsianXL wrote: The gf left her phone in her pants through a washing cycle. It's been 4 days, the phone still works fine, just wondering how long it will stay this way before corrosion sets in and the phone stops working.
put the phone in rice for a whole month and see what happens
Nov 7, 2016
237 posts
69 upvotes
Canada
Pochacco wrote: put the phone in rice for a whole month and see what happens
That’s just a myth, haha!
Please fill out this field.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29539 posts
20458 upvotes
Pochacco wrote: put the phone in rice for a whole month and see what happens
If you need to draw moisture out of electronics, desiccant packs would be a lot more effective. Actually a lot of dry foods come with them.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2018
3474 posts
2697 upvotes
Vancouver
I would keep using it, until it works.

The "water resistant" phones essentially have an adhesive goop, shoved in between the display and the body. This goop is what prevents water from getting in. If you open up the phone to check, you'll likely destroy the waterproof seal and thus render it normal.

Another idea here could be to take it to a Apple store. Explain to them nicely what the issue is and they maybe able to open the phone for you to check. They have a machine that does the display replacement and can seal the display back up to spec

Incase it helps, I have an iPhone X and it is still perfectly waterproof. I have used it in the shower, dropped in the bath, washed it under the sink, etc and it continues to work fine.

My guess would be that the washing machine is not really that intense & should not have caused any damage, as the water pressure is quite low. Even AirPods survive that fine
Can't Stop. Won't Stop. Game Stop
Mar 23, 2018
382 posts
509 upvotes
Toronto
You might start having issues with the charging port connectors. If that happens, just spray some DeoxIt on it and let it dry for 30 minutes to clean the terminals.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)