• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2021 10:06 am
20 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1872 posts
1689 upvotes
Alberta
Damn , I thought it was not as wide spread...only affected certain batches....I guess it is worse then I thought.
[OP]
Feb 6, 2020
210 posts
127 upvotes
Is anyone in Canada experiencing the same issue? I'm mostly wondering about Telus and Bell network users.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21701 posts
2960 upvotes
Toronto
if I recall correctly, this was happening with Iphone 11 as well until they updated the iOS:

just a random google search turned these up:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250988239

https://thecellguide.com/how-to-fix-an- ... ignal-7448

https://www.saintlad.com/iphone-11-pro- ... nal-issue/

thinking when Apple issues a new iOS update - it should fix it hopefully
Jan 19, 2018
961 posts
643 upvotes
ArrowFlynn wrote: Is anyone in Canada experiencing the same issue? I'm mostly wondering about Telus and Bell network users.
Didn't notice/experience this issue and I'm with Koodo.
[OP]
Feb 6, 2020
210 posts
127 upvotes
bobohobo2kx wrote: Didn't notice/experience this issue and I'm with Koodo.
Hey, thanks a lot for letting me know!

I hope other iPhone 12 users will chime in as well.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2215 posts
1271 upvotes
Calgary
Probably would have better luck keeping this in the regular iPhone 12 discussion thread.

No issues on my unit. Sure, I lose signal in Westbrook LRT station in Calgary (Shaw Mobile), but it quickly reconnects when I get back above ground.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18620 posts
2350 upvotes
Woodbridge
I'm with Kondo using 12PM and so far so good.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2007
1581 posts
491 upvotes
I'm on Koodo with 12 and haven't noticed any issues. I actually get more bars more often now due to the Qualcomm change.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1769 posts
552 upvotes
Edmonton
I only got this once. It would fail to connect to 5G, and LTE once woken up from sleep. It actually dropped down to 3G. However a reboot fixed it. I’m on Rogers.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5630 posts
1404 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
The iPhone 12 design is the design for iphone 4. same issue with iphone 4.

Freedom Mobile
Line 1 $50 20gb with 35% F&F LG Velvet
Line 2 $50 20gb with 35% F&F LG Velvet
Line 3 $65 20gb with 35% F&F iPhone 11
Line 4 $65 20gb with 35% F&F iPhone 11

Nov 15, 2005
379 posts
137 upvotes
I'm guessing that this is only an issue if your provider has 5G due to the handoffs between 5G and LTE?
Dec 15, 2017
382 posts
366 upvotes
Calgary
I've had the iPhone 12 for a month now on Telus and never experienced this issue. I've used my phone extensively in both Calgary and Edmonton.

I know the online posts elsewhere say there's been reports of this from both US and international users but I wonder how many of those international users had this happen in good signal areas. Reason I'm saying this is I wouldn't be surprised if there is an issue with the US model iPhones that have that extra mmWave antenna and groove.
Telus EPP: 20GB/$50
"Retail is for suckers" - Cosmo Kramer
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15955 posts
13834 upvotes
Richmond Hill
d1ulove3 wrote: The iPhone 12 design is the design for iphone 4. same issue with iphone 4.
Ugh what? Dude the antenna bands are clearly different from the iPhone 4... amongst every other design aspect from the 12 compared to the 4. I’ll give you this, it’s the same ‘shape’ and that’s about the only thing that is similar.

Anyways I’ve had zero issues with wifi or 5G/LTE and I use my phone A LOT for work (12PM on Telus).
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
1825 posts
610 upvotes
Toronto
When I got my iPhone 12 Pro, one week later, I switched from Koodo to Telus to get 5G (same company, I know).
I then noticed constant network problems like going into no service, wacky signal, outgoing calls where I couldn’t be heard, etc...
I put the SIM card into my old phone and had the same problems, so I got the SIM card replaced by Telus and haven’t had a problem since.

So try requesting a SIM card swap, it should be free and may fix your problem.
Celebrating 18+ years on RFD!
Aug 23, 2011
67 posts
59 upvotes
Vancouver
I’m with Telus located in Vancouver, BC and am experiencing this problem on my iPhone 12 Pro. I’ve even turned off 5G. Instagram barely loads when on data. Never had this issue on my old X. Has anyone tried to get their phone replaced or spoke to Apple? That’s my next step. Wondering what other people have experienced?
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
4450 posts
1774 upvotes
GTA
You're holding it wrong? Is antenna gate back?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5197 posts
3703 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
ooops123 wrote: I’m with Telus located in Vancouver, BC and am experiencing this problem on my iPhone 12 Pro. I’ve even turned off 5G. Instagram barely loads when on data. Never had this issue on my old X. Has anyone tried to get their phone replaced or spoke to Apple? That’s my next step. Wondering what other people have experienced?
I'm having the same issue with Telus, it's not the same issue people reporting here. It's only on Telus/Koodo cause when I put a Rogers sim everything loads fast like on IG. Telus deliberately throttles data. I started a thread on this. As soon as Rogers come back with 20GB <$50 I'm switching over.

telus-throttling-2442099/
Aug 23, 2011
67 posts
59 upvotes
Vancouver
bomber17 wrote: I'm having the same issue with Telus, it's not the same issue people reporting here. It's only on Telus/Koodo cause when I put a Rogers sim everything loads fast like on IG. Telus deliberately throttles data. I started a thread on this. As soon as Rogers come back with 20GB <$50 I'm switching over.

telus-throttling-2442099/
darn. it's my company phone so i can't get out of telus but i guess i'm slightly relieved it's not the hardware. i was using my X on telus for years (and up until i got the 12 pro) and it was fine though so it must be a recent thing??