• Jan 4th, 2017 12:19 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
1262 posts
81 upvotes
oshawa

iphone 6s for wind

my daughter wants a iPhone 6s and I use wind. what would be the best option to get the phone?
is there a comparable plan with phone with any other provider?
if you dont have an answer, dont repond to my thread.
I need answers, and thats why i use redflagdeals forums.
3 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20966 posts
10484 upvotes
Oakville
Hard to really find a "comparable plan" to Wind/Freedom, since they are 3G-only, with a (depending where you live) not-very-good network. Are you willing to spend more up-front if it means having a cheaper plan, ongoing? Or are you looking for the cheapest up-front cost?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
1262 posts
81 upvotes
oshawa
wind is very good in where I live and locations where my family moves around in Thornhill. I am open to ideas but I pay only 28$ with 3g data. I am open to paying up more depending on how much the phone is subsidized.
if you dont have an answer, dont repond to my thread.
I need answers, and thats why i use redflagdeals forums.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20966 posts
10484 upvotes
Oakville
I just realized that Wind doesn't actually sell iPhones, I thought they did. That makes it a bit simpler, as your only choice is either buy it outright, or go with a different provider. I'm not seeing any particularly spectacular deals on the iPhone 6s from any provider right now - there were some deals over Christmas/boxing week but those are mostly all done now. I don't know if your daughter will be able to get the $28 plan since Wind/Freedom doesn't offer it anymore... So if she has to go on the $35 plan (cheapest plan with data), let's do a little math, based on the next 24 months with a subsidized phone on a provider (taxes excluded):

With Wind:
$35/mo * 24 months = $840
32gb iPhone 6s directly from Apple = $769
Total outlay = 1609

With any other provider:
Minimum $70/month plan (to get a subsidized phone) * 24 = $1680

So yeah, your cheapest option in the long run really is to just go with Wind and buy the phone outright. Unless she wants a higher capacity iPhone or needs more data than the cheapest current Freedom plan. But it requires you to take the hit of buying the phone outright now.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)