Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

iphone 7 $0 on small tab on koodo, ymmv...

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2019 4:53 pm
Apr 16, 2019
910 posts
1504 upvotes
pooper wrote: Koodo is the best. You can still move these sealed for around 400+.
A nice way to make a few bucks as HUP and not cancel lines / get blacklisted etc.
I was waiting for a tab small phone + GC HUP deal at a store but this will be fine.

In for 3x HUP on all three lines.
Exactly! For most people it is not worth the credit hit or being blacklisted by koodo/ telus for such small net $$ gains to get a Gift card unless you need a new account. Just my 2 cents.
For example, I have been on the phone with koodo supervisors several times and they have given me various promo credits, data increase when there is a problem, as they see I am a good, customer, etc. It pays to play nice with Koodo :)

Also this is a solid Apple phone for end users who want something simple: https://www.tomsguide.com/us/iphone-7-i ... -3908.html
Jan 7, 2013
85 posts
78 upvotes
KILLARNEY ROAD
I’m currently on a $35 plan with $15/10gb add on. When I get to checkout it says I’m keeping my same plan but just shows it as $35 plan. Doesn’t say anything about my add on. It says I can choose add ons later in self serve. I just don’t want to lose this add on. Anyone know what will happen?
Apr 16, 2019
910 posts
1504 upvotes
jacdelivery wrote: I’m currently on a $35 plan with $15/10gb add on. When I get to checkout it says I’m keeping my same plan but just shows it as $35 plan. Doesn’t say anything about my add on. It says I can choose add ons later in self serve. I just don’t want to lose this add on. Anyone know what will happen?
Call in and ask for a Koodo supervisor and ask them to confirm this change you want ask them to note your account file accordingly. Otherwise you may not be able to reverse any auto-changes they make to your account, etc. If you can, record the call (in ontario it is legal to record a call you are a party to aka electronic notes). Sometimes that can't pull up their call recording. You can also ask the supervisor for a Bill Credit (if you want to) for being a loyal customer or to help pay down an old tab balance. Never hurts to ask. I got $170 waived on one account, as I had a service problem :)
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
3247 posts
1807 upvotes
jacdelivery wrote: I’m currently on a $35 plan with $15/10gb add on. When I get to checkout it says I’m keeping my same plan but just shows it as $35 plan. Doesn’t say anything about my add on. It says I can choose add ons later in self serve. I just don’t want to lose this add on. Anyone know what will happen?
I just upgraded with the same plan as yours and had the same question. The HUP went through successfully and my plan still remains the same with the add-ons, including the $15/10GB.
Banned
Jan 24, 2007
179 posts
379 upvotes
Toronto
DealOrNoDeal55 wrote: Does the iphone 8 have larger storage size? I have an iphone 6S with 128 gb storage.
It has 64gb.

I just switched my kids from Fido to Koodo through Wow mobile. This is what I got

- Monthly plan $25 unlimited talk and text + $2 add-on 250MB
- Refer a friend $25 credit on the account
- iPhone 8 $120 upfront + $240 on tab 24 months
- $50 Wow mobile credit used against $120 upfront
- $35 activation fee (not waived)

So I end up paying $70 upfront + $35 activation fee + $240 tab.

They also offered $80 for the old iPhone SE which I did not accept, as I am better off selling the phone on kijiji.

Sherway Garden location.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
3047 posts
2146 upvotes
iMarketing wrote: Exactly! For most people it is not worth the credit hit or being blacklisted by koodo/ telus for such small net $$ gains to get a Gift card unless you need a new account. Just my 2 cents.
For example, I have been on the phone with koodo supervisors several times and they have given me various promo credits, data increase when there is a problem, as they see I am a good, customer, etc. It pays to play nice with Koodo :)

Also this is a solid Apple phone for end users who want something simple: https://www.tomsguide.com/us/iphone-7-i ... -3908.html
Tell me via PM how to finesse these guys. I’ve done it with fido once upon a time, but I’m so out of the loop.

I’m a current subscriber, 2 yrs in I think in good standing
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1518 posts
703 upvotes
Victoria
Ugh. Can't really decide. The Iphone 8 with the GC is a better deal, but needs new activation, and plan medium, meaning dealing with cancelling... I don't really need either the 7 or 8, but either would be a decent upgrade for my daughters SE. Being able to pickup the 7 on a HUP is just so easy... I guess doing that doesn't prevent a new activation around back to school for any really good deals that come up.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
i read this was 0$ down on small tab at TMS and with 100k pc pts! not bad if u shop at sdm alot , also 50k for pos phone trade in ymmv
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1518 posts
703 upvotes
Victoria
I assume there's not 100K pc points for a HUP but rather only for a new activation?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
4401 posts
10674 upvotes
Biscayne05 wrote: Tell me via PM how to finesse these guys. I’ve done it with fido once upon a time, but I’m so out of the loop.

I’m a current subscriber, 2 yrs in I think in good standing
I called in for credits a few times and now my Koodo account always shows "potential credit seeker" when reps check it
Public Mobile customer

$17.95 + 6.95 SAF
100 postal code wide minutes
unlimited texts
0GB data
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
3047 posts
2146 upvotes
NavieM wrote: I called in for credits a few times and now my Koodo account always shows "potential credit seeker" when reps check it
“RFDer”
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
11102 posts
6746 upvotes
Toronto
NavieM wrote: I called in for credits a few times and now my Koodo account always shows "potential credit seeker" when reps check it
Feelsbadpapi :(
Aug 24, 2018
846 posts
1149 upvotes
Langley BC
mikka2017 wrote: i read this was 0$ down on small tab at TMS and with 100k pc pts! not bad if u shop at sdm alot , also 50k for pos phone trade in ymmv
Are you sure on the 100k points. If so this would be a nice deal with a scrap phone to get the 150k. $240 + $35 +tax is around $310 and you get $150 in points to spend on food or ???
Don..
Feb 21, 2014
17 posts
1 upvote
I remember asking about the $100 walmart GC a while back and they said you had to keep the plan for 3 months to keep/get the GC would this be the same deal with the PC points?

What does HUP stand for?
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1951 posts
388 upvotes
Better than show "Blacklist" lol
5 lines Telus Unlimited 75 CAN-US $30/line, 3 x tablet lines $0. 4 x Visual Voicemail $0. 2 x Samsung Watch5 Pro $0 with $10/m watch plan
Dec 23, 2015
325 posts
985 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
lowenheim wrote: I remember asking about the $100 walmart GC a while back and they said you had to keep the plan for 3 months to keep/get the GC would this be the same deal with the PC points?

What does HUP stand for?
Hardware upgrade plan

I for one think that new activation/cancel is wrong and I won’t suggest anyone do it

But hardware upgrading is a perk of being with Koodo and I’m all for it
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
lowenheim wrote: I remember asking about the $100 walmart GC a while back and they said you had to keep the plan for 3 months to keep/get the GC would this be the same deal with the PC points?

What does HUP stand for?
hup means hardware upgrade

I don't have to stay for 3 month's..that's how they get commission.cancel same day and still use the gcs
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>