iPhone - cannot send SMS / text messages to one number
I've been trying to solve this issue on our (first gen) iPhone SE for over a year now: I can't send text messages to a specific number.
iPhone SE was purchased from Fido.
1. This problem is NOT carrier specific since I've used 3 different carriers in the last year: Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile, and Freedom Mobile (currently). I haven't been able to send texts to this number when using these 3 carriers.
And all my plans with those 3 carriers include/d global texting.
2. The error message displayed is "not delivered" (see attached). The same error message when I used PM, LM, or FM.
3. Operating system (iOS) is always up to date (currently running the latest iOS, I think it's 14).
4. The recipient is abroad, in the Philippines - but I've been able to send texts to other Philippine numbers (other recipients confirmed they received my texts).
5. The recipient number is active, since I am able to send texts to this number using my Fido line (recipient confirmed she received my texts from Fido).
6. I've done trouble shooting recommended online incl:
- Ensuring recipient is not on the blocked list
- Listing area code properly (+63), same area code used for other recipients that received my texts successfully
- I've deleted the contact multiple times and tried sending texts using manually input recipient cell number
- I've deleted the entire texting thread and restarted new ones, multiple times
- I've sent messages as iMessage and also as regular text messages (iMessage turned off)
Thank you in advance.