• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2019 11:43 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 11, 2009
10 posts
26 upvotes

iPhone + iPad shared data plan?

I have an iPhone 6S and an iPad Pro cellular. My iPhone is using a Bell tablet data plan—around $42/mo for 5 GB, and my iPad doesn't have a SIM card yet. I use voip.ms for calls/text and do everything over data.

I plan on getting a new iPhone this fall, and am considering to get my iPad online without tethering. Any recommendations for iPhone + iPad shared data plans? I need lots of data but minimal (or zero) voice + text.

Browsing carrier websites so far leads me to believe they only offer data plans that are shared with a voice + data plan. I want data + data, or a multiple SIM cards sharing one bucket of data (no voice). Does this even exist? I'm in Alberta.

Thanks!
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2004
7348 posts
809 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Wait - unless you have a serious aversion to the Rogers network, why are you not just signing up for 2 $15 Fido 4GB plans? Sharing doesn't make sense when you're paying $10 to access another pool whereas you can get 4GB for $15...
[OP]
Mar 11, 2009
10 posts
26 upvotes
I saw that deal on Fido's website, but it also says: "For eligible Fido postpaid mobile customers only" ...I'm assuming that means I need to first be a Fido customer with a phone plan?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2004
7348 posts
809 upvotes
Toronto, ON
suderman wrote: I saw that deal on Fido's website, but it also says: "For eligible Fido postpaid mobile customers only" ...I'm assuming that means I need to first be a Fido customer with a phone plan?
No - there's a giant monster thread about it here on RFD where you will find a post by yours truly setting out how I got this plan without being a Fido smartphone customer last Sunday. :)

fido-4gb-lte-data-plan-15-byod-no-contr ... #p31353973
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1504 posts
361 upvotes
ORLEANS
Telus offers $30 data sim with 5GB and unlimited throttled at 512kbps after the 5GB
[OP]
Mar 11, 2009
10 posts
26 upvotes
Thanks—that is quite the monster thread and very helpful!