Cell Phones

Which iPhone model should/can I get for under $400 outright?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2021 12:37 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4108 posts
1981 upvotes
BC

Which iPhone model should/can I get for under $400 outright?

I'm an Android guy but my wife really wants to try an iphone.
I have no idea what would be a good deal to grab as a Christmas gift, any suggestions?

She doesn't need a new plan BUT I would sign her up for a new one anyway if the overall deal was great.

Thanks for the help guys, time is ticking
5 replies
Mar 29, 2021
45 posts
35 upvotes
You might be getting some deal with older iPhone, depending on what company you pick and what they offer. Personally, I would minimum get iPhone XR or newer models for multiple reasons (bigger screens, face id, esim support), but that all depends on your budget. iPhone 11 is pretty good as it has dual camera and newer than XR
but question is how much you will have to pay for it, either using plan or outright.
Dec 13, 2016
601 posts
347 upvotes
GTA
For wife I will give her the best one. Happy wife happy life. iPhone 11 will be the best, but if you have a little enough budget the pro is also good.
FreedomMobile 30 GB $50 F&F
DakilangMangingibig
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
18446 posts
5393 upvotes
Toronto
There were some really good deals for BF. Some may still be ongoing. Have a look at the BF Hot Deals section.

You won't get a new iPhone outright for $400. The entry-level iPhone SE has a list price of $569 before tax.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2003
3193 posts
410 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Minimum should be iPhone 11 Pro and newer or for non-pro phones, get iPhone 12 and newer.

All these models will have OLED screens which are much better. I wouldn't get an LCD screen at this point.

Just my two cents, and I agree with poster above - for your wife, even if she doesn't ask for the best, get her a good quality one.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw." - Jack Handey
References
HeatWare
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1410 posts
607 upvotes
Canada
On BF/CM weekend, with a plan, iPhone 12 and 13 were available for less/much less than what you plan for.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)