Cell Phones

iPhone X (12:01AM PDT) ($1320+)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2017 4:47 pm
Tags:

Poll: Are you buying an iPhone X?

• Total votes: 679. You have voted on this poll.
Yes

32%
No

25%
You crazy!!!

42%
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21087 posts
10550 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CanadianLurker wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 9:16 am
Probably. Just checked the status for mine but no update yet that it’s out for delivery yet, but it does show the same update that it departed Mississauga @ 08:34 am.

Looking good for delivery today!
good to hear. Now send an sms to your loved ones and associates alike requesting them to not bother you between the hours of 6pm and 2am est tonight, whilst you'll be setting up and playing with your newly acquired mobile device.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
3516 posts
2743 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I just want to scream now....

08:59 am - out for delivery

12:57 pm - the receiving business was closed, your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day

Wait, what? I didn’t stay home because the original confirmation from Apple was that “No signature is required for this delivery”.

Stupid UPS. Now I’ll have to scramble to figure out a Plan B. Grrr....
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21087 posts
10550 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CanadianLurker wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 2:11 pm
I just want to scream now....

08:59 am - out for delivery

12:57 pm - the receiving business was closed, your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day

Wait, what? I didn’t stay home because the original confirmation from Apple was that “No signature is required for this delivery”.

Stupid UPS. Now I’ll have to scramble to figure out a Plan B. Grrr....
so it's going to your home address? I wonder why they wouldn't just drop it off at a UPS access point for you to pick it up after work....
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
3516 posts
2743 upvotes
Oakville, ON
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 2:14 pm
so it's going to your home address? I wonder why they wouldn't just drop it off at a UPS access point for you to pick it up after work....
When Apple said no signature required I just left it at that and figured I’d just inbox it when I got home. Never had an issue with packages being left in the past, so didn’t worry about it until now when UPS decided they wouldn’t just leave it like they were supposed to.

Will have to see when I get home if they left a tag on the door that it’ll be at the local UPS Store after 4:00 pm or if it’ll stay on the truck back to the Mississauga depot.

I’ll probably stop at the UPS Store anyways even if it’ll stay on the truck. I’ll see if I can make sure there’s a no-signature note for the driver so I can still get it tomorrow, or will see if they can at least change it to go to the local Hasty Market instead.

So close - and yet so far....
Apr 26, 2007
585 posts
42 upvotes
CanadianLurker wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 2:24 pm
When Apple said no signature required I just left it at that and figured I’d just inbox it when I got home. Never had an issue with packages being left in the past, so didn’t worry about it until now when UPS decided they wouldn’t just leave it like they were supposed to.

Will have to see when I get home if they left a tag on the door that it’ll be at the local UPS Store after 4:00 pm or if it’ll stay on the truck back to the Mississauga depot.

I’ll probably stop at the UPS Store anyways even if it’ll stay on the truck. I’ll see if I can make sure there’s a no-signature note for the driver so I can still get it tomorrow, or will see if they can at least change it to go to the local Hasty Market instead.

Extremely annoyed-its been 11 days since being shipped and we still cant get it. Have the exact same scan. This is BS. I'm in the same area as you. Do you think we can pick it up from wherever the depot is?
Thank my post if it helped!
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21087 posts
10550 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CanadianLurker wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 2:24 pm

I guess the tracking doesn't say 'on route to local ups access point' or something similar then right?
Jan 29, 2013
746 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
fizzerd wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 2:50 pm
Extremely annoyed-its been 11 days since being shipped and we still cant get it. Have the exact same scan. This is BS. I'm in the same area as you. Do you think we can pick it up from wherever the depot is?
UPS Store will likely just tell you to call the 1-800 number.
Jan 29, 2013
746 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
FirstF80InSpace wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 3:24 pm
Mine is out for delivery. Still hasn't delivered yet. Dafuq.
Delivery window is until 7pm. When mine came last week it arrived at 5:30pm or something like that.
Oct 30, 2017
126 posts
28 upvotes
fizzerd wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 2:50 pm
wow glad I didnt have any of those issues.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2015
1849 posts
1302 upvotes
Oakville
@CanadianLurker @fizzerd

I think UPS (or the driver) tried to pull a fast one on us. I got the same scan, but my surveillance system did not show any delivery attempt. Called UPS and they feigned shock (this never happens!) and have promised delivery by 8pm tonight.

I'll believe it when I see it...
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21087 posts
10550 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
hope you guys get your acquisitions by tonight...
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2015
1849 posts
1302 upvotes
Oakville
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 4:46 pm
hope you guys get your acquisitions by tonight...
No such luck, just got a call from UPS saying that the package was never on the truck and it was a 'virtual scan', whatever that may be. Sounds a bit fishy, but it is what it is.

Apparently, they got 4500 iPhones in this shipment, and didn't have enough time to sort them out Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21087 posts
10550 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
arvind84 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 4:53 pm
No such luck, just got a call from UPS saying that the package was never on the truck and it was a 'virtual scan', whatever that may be. Sounds a bit fishy, but it is what it is.

Apparently, they got 4500 iPhones in this shipment, and didn't have enough time to sort them out Face With Tears Of Joy
that sucks. Well hopefully tomorrow. One more day of sleepless nights....
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
3516 posts
2743 upvotes
Oakville, ON
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 4:54 pm
that sucks. Well hopefully tomorrow. One more day of sleepless nights....
Alas, another anxious wait.

For me, when I called the local UPS Store they couldn’t do much because there was no notice left on the door. And without that, they wouldn’t know if the driver would be dropping off the undeliverable or not....so called the 1-800 that they gave me....

The CSR seemed to think it didn’t get delivered because it was a business address and nobody was there. Had to clarify that no - it’s a residential address on a residential street and that should have been obvious to the driver. Silence. Then “let me look at the details”....

So clarified (a) it’s a residential address, and (b) Apple sent it with no signature required, and (c) to leave it at the back door if the driver is fussy about leaving it by the front door. I was on the line while she logged everything. With that, she seemed confident it would get delivered tomorrow.

All that said, I’m more optimistic that it’ll come tomorrow but I’m not confident that UPS is going to come thru! Will see.