Cell Phones

iPhone X (12:01AM PDT) ($1320+)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2017 4:47 pm
Tags:

Poll: Are you buying an iPhone X?

• Total votes: 679. You have voted on this poll.
Yes

32%
No

25%
You crazy!!!

42%
Oct 26, 2017
50 posts
36 upvotes
GTA
Still have not received my phone. Called UPS and they said for sure it will be delivered tonight. 11:00pm at the latest. The driver is working overtime. The CSR guaranteed it will arrive tonight. We shall see.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21114 posts
10556 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
FirstF80InSpace wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 9:33 pm
Still have not received my phone. Called UPS and they said for sure it will be delivered tonight. 11:00pm at the latest. The driver is working overtime. The CSR guaranteed it will arrive tonight. We shall see.

you wind up getting your shit?

also, congrats to those that will acquire today.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Oct 30, 2017
126 posts
28 upvotes
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 10:24 am
you wind up getting your shit?

also, congrats to those that will acquire today.
why do I find these so amusing? lol
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21114 posts
10556 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
lostwowords wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 11:29 am
why do I find these so amusing? lol
what my post, use of various profanities or the whole UPS struggle?
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
Oct 30, 2017
126 posts
28 upvotes
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 11:42 am
what my post, use of various profanities or the whole UPS struggle?
The whole ups ordeal, I am glad I am not on the receiving end though, hopefully, all gets sorted soon for the parties involved.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
3543 posts
2807 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Update - now experiencing a “self-induced delay”...!

So yesterday evening my wife asks - so where’s your new phone, I thought it was coming today?

When I explained the unfortunate UPS monkey business over the weekend/Monday and the false ‘receiving business closed thing’ when it should’ve been left for no signature she became apoplectic. Apparently I was nuts to accept such an expensive delivery with no signature, etc, etc...despite protestations that we’ve had many other no sig deliveries with no hardship....but she was having non of that!

So to keep the peace, and to calm her flighty sensibilities, I had them change it to a local outlet. Which apparently will take a business day to process. Which apparently puts me on track for delivery tomorrow - but still waiting for a confirm/update to be sure!

So while I think I’m a saint for taking one for team and exercising compromise & restraint, she just thinks I’m an idiot. Can’t win sometimes.
Oct 30, 2017
126 posts
28 upvotes
CanadianLurker wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 1:39 pm

So yesterday evening my wife asks - so where’s your new phone, I thought it was coming today?

When I explained the unfortunate UPS monkey business over the weekend/Monday and the false ‘receiving business closed thing’ when it should’ve been left for no signature she became apoplectic. Apparently I was nuts to accept such an expensive delivery with no signature, etc, etc...despite protestations that we’ve had many other no sig deliveries with no hardship....but she was having non of that!

So to keep the peace, and to calm her flighty sensibilities, I had them change it to a local outlet. Which apparently will take a business day to process. Which apparently puts me on track for delivery tomorrow - but still waiting for a confirm/update to be sure!

So while I think I’m a saint for taking one for team and exercising compromise & restraint, she just thinks I’m an idiot. Can’t win sometimes.
haha true
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21114 posts
10556 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CanadianLurker wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 1:39 pm

if it's going to a UPS access point they typically say it could take one extra business day but from my experience that's not always the case. You might wind up having it today if the UPS gods are in your favour.

also lol @ iPhone conversations with the wife.

I told my gf I might pre-order but the delay will be so long I won't have it until January (that's me trying to downplay throwing mad cheddar at a device I don't need)

Then she comes home on launch night and I'm playing with my iPhone X. She's like 'wtf I thought that wasn't coming until January?'

My response : ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by nasa25 on Nov 21st, 2017 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15378 posts
2280 upvotes
Toronto
Although my order said no signature required, the delivery person did require a signature.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21114 posts
10556 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
audit13 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 1:50 pm
Although my order said no signature required, the delivery person did require a signature.
yeah when I picked up my X from the UPS access point they required the standard identification but the box was locked away in another room, isolated from the sea of other parcels that were to be picked up (I even saw my gf's gap order in a massive pile at the front lol)

They must have known what it was and kept a tight guard on it (the X)
Oct 26, 2017
50 posts
36 upvotes
GTA
Nope. Still haven't received it. And now UPS changed from Out for Delivery to Destination Scan again. So far today, no Out for Delivery status yet. But it does say the delivery date is today.

I hate UPS just as much as I hate Rogers.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
3543 posts
2807 upvotes
Oakville, ON
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 1:49 pm
if it's going to a UPS access point they typically say it could take one extra business day but from my experience that's not always the case. You might wind up having it today if the UPS gods are in your favour.

also lol @ iPhone conversations with the wife.

I told my gf I might pre-order but the delay will be so long I won't have it until January (that's me trying to downplay throwing mad cheddar at a device I don't need)

Then she comes home on launch night and I'm playing with my iPhone X. She's like 'wtf I thought that wasn't coming until January?'

My response : ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
:-) I’m actually hoping it’ll be tomorrow anyways. I now feel like being a drama queen in case I need to be petty & childish at some point in the future. Might come in handy when I point out that I had to wait an extra day for the X I was anxiously awaiting but purposely delayed at her request. In case I need to rebound some emotional blackmail back at her over some future mundane spat that undoubtedly will arise at some point. So there’s that - yay UPS!

Also, true story, when I first bring up the whole update the iPhone thing she’s all like ‘but why, your 6 still works, X is so expensive, you don’t NEED it, blah, blah, blah’. So I pre-order and she goes into lather - rinse - repeat mode a few time while I’m waiting it out....then just yesterday I hear ‘my 6 is getting a little laggy even though I’m still iOS 10.x, and the screen isn’t as responsive on the far left and especially the far right margins of the screen = maybe I need a new phone’

Wow.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21114 posts
10556 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
yup you can put that extra restraint card in your back pocket for use at an appropriate time in the future

lol @ her screen responsiveness. I think she's getting a bit of phone envy. I told my woman straight up.....you can't have better tech than me. I can't live with myself in that scenario. She was flexing on me with her 8 for a solid 3 weeks but I showed her

I showed her.
Oct 30, 2017
126 posts
28 upvotes
CanadianLurker wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 2:10 pm
:-) I’m actually hoping it’ll be tomorrow anyways. I now feel like being a drama queen in case I need to be petty & childish at some point in the future. Might come in handy when I point out that I had to wait an extra day for the X I was anxiously awaiting but purposely delayed at her request. In case I need to rebound some emotional blackmail back at her over some future mundane spat that undoubtedly will arise at some point. So there’s that - yay UPS!

Also, true story, when I first bring up the whole update the iPhone thing she’s all like ‘but why, your 6 still works, X is so expensive, you don’t NEED it, blah, blah, blah’. So I pre-order and she goes into lather - rinse - repeat mode a few time while I’m waiting it out....then just yesterday I hear ‘my 6 is getting a little laggy even though I’m still iOS 10.x, and the screen isn’t as responsive on the far left and especially the far right margins of the screen = maybe I need a new phone’

Wow.
How long you been married for? I ask because emotional rebound has not worked for me well lol I usually end up keeping that card to myself, although now she has s7e and I have the X, no doubt at some point she'll want the note 8 lol
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
3543 posts
2807 upvotes
Oakville, ON
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 2:15 pm
yup you can put that extra restraint card in your back pocket for use at an appropriate time in the future

lol @ her screen responsiveness. I think she's getting a bit of phone envy. I told my woman straight up.....you can't have better tech than me. I can't live with myself in that scenario. She was flexing on me with her 8 for a solid 3 weeks but I showed her

I showed her.
Good for you. It’s a must to remind them every now and then that you’re the Lord of the Manor!