Cell Phones

iPhone X (12:01AM PDT) ($1320+)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2017 4:47 pm
Tags:

Poll: Are you buying an iPhone X?

• Total votes: 679. You have voted on this poll.
Yes

32%
No

25%
You crazy!!!

42%
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
3541 posts
2806 upvotes
Oakville, ON
lostwowords wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 2:26 pm
How long you been married for? I ask because emotional rebound has not worked for me well lol I usually end up keeping that card to myself, although now she has s7e and I have the X, no doubt at some point she'll want the note 8 lol
Well...been married for just over 30 years now! Easy to remember the actual day - ironic coincidence that it was D-Day! (June 6th)

I hear on the rebound aspect though. Must say it plays out something like this:

Say you’ve amassed maybe 100 emotional rebound cards. You’ll probably end up sitting on about 90 of them. You’ll probably try to play the others and 8 or 9 will blow up in your face. But man - those 1 or 2 times that it works are like winning the Stanley Cup! Quite an achievement.
Oct 30, 2017
126 posts
28 upvotes
CanadianLurker wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 2:53 pm
Well...been married for just over 30 years now! Easy to remember the actual day - ironic coincidence that it was D-Day! (June 6th)

I hear on the rebound aspect though. Must say it plays out something like this:

Say you’ve amassed maybe 100 emotional rebound cards. You’ll probably end up sitting on about 90 of them. You’ll probably try to play the others and 8 or 9 will blow up in your face. But man - those 1 or 2 times that it works are like winning the Stanley Cup! Quite an achievement.
haha I hear you on the achievement end, I can actually count on my fingers how many times my wife has said, "you are right..." and everything goes blank for me after that. I am actually in the process for recording that so I can make it my ring tone lol
Oct 26, 2017
50 posts
36 upvotes
GTA
Finally received my phone. Idiot UPS driver just left it at the front door. Not even a door knock. If it wasn't for my email notifications, my $1727 phone would just be sitting at the front door waiting for it to be stolen.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2015
1850 posts
1305 upvotes
Oakville
FirstF80InSpace wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 5:26 pm
Finally received my phone. Idiot UPS driver just left it at the front door. Not even a door knock. If it wasn't for my email notifications, my $1727 phone would just be sitting at the front door waiting for it to be stolen.
Same here! Just got 'dropped off' 10 minutes ago.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21104 posts
10554 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
^thats why it’s best to redirect it to a UPS access point. Drivers don’t give a damn.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12159 posts
1821 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Are you guys using the apple "quick start" method to transfer all data from old iPhone to the X??
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2015
1850 posts
1305 upvotes
Oakville
aznnorth wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 10:38 pm
Are you guys using the apple "quick start" method to transfer all data from old iPhone to the X??
I used the iTunes method.
I haven't switched phones in a while, so I have to say I was impressed by the seamless transition. X was up and running within 5 minutes, app downloads took another 30 or so.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12159 posts
1821 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
arvind84 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 10:52 am
I used the iTunes method.
I haven't switched phones in a while, so I have to say I was impressed by the seamless transition. X was up and running within 5 minutes, app downloads took another 30 or so.
How about the apps? Did it transfer formatted as well meaning in the format arranged in same way (singles, multiples in categories)?? Asking because itunes removed the app store and app formatting. Dont want to rearrange 50 apps all over again...
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21104 posts
10554 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Rogers just gave me a note 8 for $200 on like a $70 per month line add on lol

Gonna rock both phones and see which one I prefer. Love black friday deals!

oh yeah plus they have a promo that when you activate an android device before Nov 27th you get a free google home ($180 value). So that's pretty much a free note 8. Damn!
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
Oct 30, 2017
126 posts
28 upvotes
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 11:55 am
Rogers just gave me a note 8 for $200 on like a $70 per month line add on lol

Gonna rock both phones and see which one I prefer. Love black friday deals!

oh yeah plus they have a promo that when you activate an android device before Nov 27th you get a free google home ($180 value). So that's pretty much a free note 8. Damn!
Thats on a add on line or brand new line?
Oct 30, 2017
126 posts
28 upvotes
aznnorth wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 11:09 am
How about the apps? Did it transfer formatted as well meaning in the format arranged in same way (singles, multiples in categories)?? Asking because itunes removed the app store and app formatting. Dont want to rearrange 50 apps all over again...
I just backed up my old phone on itunes and restored to new one, pretty much everything synced up including some passcodes as well.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21104 posts
10554 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
lostwowords wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 12:50 pm
Thats on a add on line or brand new line?
add on line (5th line on my acct). I keep getting rogers to match the telus corporate deals I can get lol.

Telus was gonna give me a note 8 for $200 and a low level 2GB plan for $70 a month

Rogers has the note 8 on BF promo for $299. So they gave me a $99 credit on the phone to match the telus offer. Plus I already have a 15gb share everything plan so I'd rather use that than have a paltry 2gb plan with telus.

The free GH is just icing on the cake.
Oct 30, 2017
126 posts
28 upvotes
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 1:00 pm
add on line (5th line on my acct). I keep getting rogers to match the telus corporate deals I can get lol.

Telus was gonna give me a note 8 for $200 and a low level 2GB plan for $70 a month

Rogers has the note 8 on BF promo for $299. So they gave me a $99 credit on the phone to match the telus offer. Plus I already have a 15gb share everything plan so I'd rather use that than have a paltry 2gb plan with telus.

ah nice. I have all the lines spread across like turds lol, 2 with Bell, 1 with Fido and 1 with Virgin.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2008
1342 posts
196 upvotes
Thornhill
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 1:00 pm

I wonder if I will get a discount if ask them to do that plus change my whole 3 home service over to Rogers.

Currently all service with Bell and I am done with their high price haha