Cell Phones

Iphone XS MAX or waitfor the next Iphone?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2019 10:35 am
[OP]
May 24, 2019
3 posts

Iphone XS MAX or waitfor the next Iphone?

Hello, I am looking in getting an upgrade from my Iphone 6. Was thinking about getting the Iphone XS MAX, however with the new iphones coming out in the fall, would it be worth it to wait?
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9815 posts
4748 upvotes
Depends if you can wait or not
Telus $45 25GB
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
17082 posts
3329 upvotes
Toronto
Although there may be a new phone, it may or may not be cheaper than the Xs Max. If you need a new phone now, buy one. Frankly, an iPhone 8 or higher is going to be a substantial upgrade over the iPhone 6.

If you decide to buy the iPhone outright from Apple, trade in your iPhone 6 to get a $150 Apple gift card that can be used towards your phone purchase.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18568 posts
2304 upvotes
Woodbridge
Do you like the new look of the iPhone? I think it’s ugly AF with the Mate 20 camera look.

Are you getting a deal on the Max, I’m sure Apple will increase the price.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
1333 posts
946 upvotes
Pickering
There are a few renders out there that indicate how the iPhone will probably look like, going forward. You should check to see if any of the updates (That are available now) are worth your while and make an informed decision from there. It's always best to wait to see what you're getting, but as others have mentioned, iPhone 8/X etc will be a substantial upgrade from the 6, and I'm sure you can find a few of them floating around for decent deals, if you're continuously checking the market.
CTC employee

Sport Chek / Canadian Tire / Party City discount
Telus EPP $50/20GB/BYOD
Bell EPP $50/20GB/BYOD
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14782 posts
6025 upvotes
Ottawa
wait, we're more than halfway to the next iphone
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Dec 15, 2007
134 posts
17 upvotes
Wait, I have the iPhone XS Max, to be honest I miss my iPhone 6 Plus. Having many issues with Face ID, random touch screen issues, overheating, and horrible battery life
May 24, 2016
19 posts
My wife Just upgraded to the iPhone xr. The face recognition is constantly giving her problems so now she wants to downgrade back to the 7 plus.

My advice is to get the 7 plus or the 8 plus. They are both $0 down at most carriers right now.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18854 posts
4950 upvotes
Toronto
If you’re coming from a 6, I’d recommend either a discounted XR now, or else a full price XR replacement in the fall. The main drawback of the XR IMO is the lack of a second camera but that may be remedied in the fall with the update.

It also depends on how much storage you need. For a lot of people, the XR 128 GB is a much, much better bang for the buck than the 256 GB XS Max. The XR also has the best battery life out of all of the currently sold iPhones.

However, I’m on a 7 Plus and will just wait it out until 2020 to get a 5G iPhone.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7299 posts
431 upvotes
Port Moody
bembol wrote: Do you like the new look of the iPhone? I think it’s ugly AF with the Mate 20 camera look.

Are you getting a deal on the Max, I’m sure Apple will increase the price.
I just got a P30 Pro but I have to say seeing both the Mate 20 Pro and P30 Pro side by side I preferred the esthetics of the Mate 20 Pro and like the way the camera looks, in fact I am thinking to save another 200 and just choose the Mate 20 Pro but I give up a very good zoom which will be useful for me, tough choices. I just dont have a phone longer than 15 mths usually, get bored want to try something new
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2009
1127 posts
571 upvotes
Toronto
hvwozq wrote: Face ID is still annoying. I keep going back to iPhone 7.
What don't you like about Face ID? It is by far my favorite feature on iPhone and the most natural way of securely unlocking your phone. I heard it was quite slow on the iPhone X with earlier ios versions but its still amazingly fast on my XR.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2002
1068 posts
469 upvotes
GTA
bembol wrote: Do you like the new look of the iPhone? I think it’s ugly AF with the Mate 20 camera look.
Aside from the initial purchase day, I don't recall a single time I've ever looked at the back of my phone...