• Sep 6th, 2019 12:10 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1487 posts
245 upvotes

iPhone XS with or without plan

Need a deal for iPhone XS 256 or 512 Gb.
This is for my wife who has a decent Rogers EPP plan that is no longer offered: $54 - unlimited US/CAN minutes, 6Gb data + regular stuff.
She can't upgrade hardware as Rogers will force change to a crappier plan.
Hence, we either need to switch to a different provider or get device on our own.
She is using this device for business, so reliability is important.

thank you in advance!
6 replies
Sep 2, 2019
66 posts
72 upvotes
Given the amount of competition on the market, it's probably worth threatening to leave them for another carrier if they can't reasonably match a current offer you find online... 54$ for 6GB without a device seems expensive, not competitive at all.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1487 posts
245 upvotes
hisl9828 wrote: Given the amount of competition on the market, it's probably worth threatening to leave them for another carrier if they can't reasonably match a current offer you find online... 54$ for 6GB without a device seems expensive, not competitive at all.
Thanks, I'll give it a try!
Any recommendations re: competitive offers to switch to?
Aug 31, 2006
250 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Wait for another week.
Apple is releasing new iphone models, and then all XR/XS models will become an older model.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1487 posts
245 upvotes
Devo wrote: Wait for another week.
Apple is releasing new iphone models, and then all XR/XS models will become an older model.
I know...the current device though started to act...any info on apple event date?
Apr 21, 2008
120 posts
85 upvotes
I'm in the same boat

I have a great Rogers $55/mth corporate plan with 6gb data.

But I'm on a 16gb iPhone 6 and in dire need of a hardware upgrade.

What's the most cost-effective way to get a new iPhone without a plan?
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
11510 posts
7798 upvotes
Edmonton
Lexi wrote: I know...the current device though started to act...any info on apple event date?
September 10th is the event date, available for ordering on September 13, available for purchase in store September 20.

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/08/30/ip ... ate-rumor/

Unless your phone is well and truly dead and you have no backup phone, I don't know why anyone would buy a new Apple phone now. If nothing else, there should be a price drop on the current models. Or people (like me) will be selling off their current phones in droves as they purchase a new one. Everything trickles down.

C