• Apr 17th, 2020 4:05 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 26, 2018
64 posts
9 upvotes

iPhones

Hello,
My contract expires in August and I have always been an Android user and this time I am planning to get an iPhone with Fido. I just want to try it out so I might go back but from what people said it seems like a good move since I can use it for longer.
Once the 12's or whatever they are come out how much would the upfront cost drop for the 11 pro? Not the max just pro.
Curious because I have never owned an Apple phone so I want to see how much they get discounted after the new generation gets released. Any other carrier experience will be helpful too!
6 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
17232 posts
3481 upvotes
Toronto
Upfront cost will depend on your plan, carrier, and Apple's list prices. Too many unknown factors to get an idea of the upfront cost.

This is my mantra when I want a new phone: if I can't afford to buy it outright, I should be looking at a cheaper phone.
[OP]
Dec 26, 2018
64 posts
9 upvotes
audit13 wrote: Upfront cost will depend on your plan, carrier, and Apple's list prices. Too many unknown factors to get an idea of the upfront cost.

This is my mantra when I want a new phone: if I can't afford to buy it outright, I should be looking at a cheaper phone.
I am with Fido so no matter what plan you get it is the same. O am just asking how much on average does the older model get discounted? For example the S10 got way cheaper when the s20 was released
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
17232 posts
3481 upvotes
Toronto
LawrenceX73471 wrote: I am with Fido so no matter what plan you get it is the same. O am just asking how much on average does the older model get discounted? For example the S10 got way cheaper when the s20 was released
I've never seen Apple drop phones a lot. Maybe $150?

Here's has much phones dropped last year: https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/news/ipho ... nada-drop/
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
17232 posts
3481 upvotes
Toronto
LawrenceX73471 wrote: Thanks! I don't know since I am trying to get the upfront cost down for the 11 pro when the 12 comes out so I never knew how much does the uprfront cost goes down so that is why I am curious
I am not sure how much it will drop but Rogers has or is going to a financing model so Fido may too which will change things?
[OP]
Dec 26, 2018
64 posts
9 upvotes
audit13 wrote: I am not sure how much it will drop but Rogers has or is going to a financing model so Fido may too which will change things?
Fido is already financing. You pay for the phone but was just curious before too how much does the upfront cost drops that is what I am really curious about. Since plans don't impact it just very curious