Expired Hot Deals

IronSocket (VPN, Smart DNS Proxy, HTTP/SOCKS5 Proxy) $29.97 USD for 1 year (40% Off)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2015 9:23 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5065 posts
1665 upvotes
manicdvln wrote: VPN mask your data and IP. So if I log in a VPN provided by Ironsocket from Singapore, my IP will be a Singapore IP and my data will pass through their server. This way when you download something, the trace will lead to Singapore server, and not to your carrier IP.
Still can your ISP sees whats coming from that Singapore server to you ?
Dec 12, 2011
302 posts
114 upvotes
NEPEAN
kanewtz wrote: Is IronSocket better for Torrenting? I am getting horrible speeds when attempting to on PrivateInternetAccess. Like around 80kbps which is brutal.

I might have to review the PIA thread for proper set-up...unless someone here can link me to a page for it or Post # seeing as how it is 60+ pages.
Can't find the PIA thread using the Search. Can someone post the link please.
Sep 5, 2011
622 posts
137 upvotes
Charlottetown
Menace wrote: OpenVPN is a type of VPN, PPTP is another one. Socks5 is proxy server.

ps. I was going to join IronSock if PIA didn't work out for me. PIA has been great so I have no plan to have both.
Thanks, you've been very helpful.
bach2266 wrote: Can't find the PIA thread using the Search. Can someone post the link please.
private-internet-access-vpn-pia-31-95-year-1641301/
Aug 24, 2003
928 posts
124 upvotes
gvrd
Menace wrote: Socks5 is good enough for torrent. No, you don't need to use both. If you have problem with Socks5, tryp OpenVPN. I didn't suffer any slow down from either one. I'm sure IronSock will be same as PIA.
can you comment on this then (the person used socks5 rather than VPN): https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/f ... ght-notice

since socks5 doesn't encrypt data, wouldn't using ironsockets no encryption VPNs work just as well? hides IP/DNS...?
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13588 posts
3130 upvotes
does anyone has a link or suggestion for the setting to optimize the uTorrent?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13588 posts
3130 upvotes
what username/passwd do I use for socks5 on ironsocket? is it the VPN login/passwd or diff? cause PIA has a diff login/passwd for socks5
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8536 upvotes
GTHA
kiasu wrote: what username/passwd do I use for socks5 on ironsocket? is it the VPN login/passwd or diff? cause PIA has a diff login/passwd for socks5
There is no username and password to use socks5 proxy. You need to authorize your ip address to use the proxy.

https://ironsocket.com/ip-authorize

Why do I need to authorize my IP to use IronSocket services?

Your public IP address, the one provided by your Internet Service Provider, is the information we use for identification purposes. When you authorize an IP on your account, we then take that IP and allow it access on our firewall. This way only our customer's authorized IPs get white-listed and are allowed access to our proxy services. Unauthorized IPs are blocked.

Note that you only need to authorize your IP if you are using DNS Proxy or HTTP Proxy services. If you are only using our VPN service, you do not have to authorize your IP address.

from https://ironsocket.com/faq#collapse24
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2002
1638 posts
1140 upvotes
Mississauga
just subscribed and set up my qbitorrent using the socks5 proxy.

using ipleak.net, my torrent ip is the netherlands one I chose, so I should be good, correct?
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1522 posts
152 upvotes
Markham
Any other providers that offer VPN and DNS? I liked the fact ironsocket offered both but there p2p servers are way too slow.

It looks like I may need to cancel. Anyone have any luck with p2p? My connection is 25/10 with bell.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
1833 posts
597 upvotes
Guelph
Will I have issues using this with plex?
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13588 posts
3130 upvotes
My ISP keeps changing my IP address!!! Cant use socks5 properly!!! PIA is better w username/passwd
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Dec 24, 2007
736 posts
335 upvotes
Kingston
kiasu wrote: My ISP keeps changing my IP address!!! Cant use socks5 properly!!! PIA is better w username/passwd
Sure you can, just setup dynamic ip tracking through a service like no-ip. Super easy and works like a charm.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13588 posts
3130 upvotes
thank you..will try tonight..
MaDgamEr wrote: Sure you can, just setup dynamic ip tracking through a service like no-ip. Super easy and works like a charm.
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
May 12, 2014
868 posts
487 upvotes
Markham, ON
Menace wrote: Socks5 is good enough for torrent. No, you don't need to use both. If you have problem with Socks5, tryp OpenVPN. I didn't suffer any slow down from either one. I'm sure IronSock will be same as PIA.
Are your trackers connecting using Socks5 proxy? I'm not using the VPN, only the socks5, and most of the trackers are not connecting. I've switched to HTTP proxy and they connect without any issues.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2002
1638 posts
1140 upvotes
Mississauga
wow can't believe the dns proxy doesn't support cnn, fox news, etc...

might have to cancel before the 7 days if they don't add support for the US news sites.