Expired Hot Deals

IronSocket (VPN, Smart DNS Proxy, HTTP/SOCKS5 Proxy) $29.97 USD for 1 year (40% Off)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2015 9:23 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 10, 2006
220 posts
14 upvotes
I have an AC68U router with Merlin.
If I use the built-in OpenVPN client it appears to me that all devices are either on or off the vpn. No way to filter based on device.

I would like some device to not connect to the vpn.

Anyone else in a similar configuration ?
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13609 posts
3145 upvotes
i setup my uTorrent with Socks5 yesterday without any issue..someone posted a youtube of how to setup using socks5 and verify the IP on PIA's thread..just follow that and everything looks good..speed is good too..my only problem is ISP keep changing my IP...so tonight I am gonna try the no-ip as MaDgamEr mentioned.
Bobberts wrote: Are your trackers connecting using Socks5 proxy? I'm not using the VPN, only the socks5, and most of the trackers are not connecting. I've switched to HTTP proxy and they connect without any issues.
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Jul 2, 2005
360 posts
85 upvotes
Mississauga
rivermist wrote: I have an AC68U router with Merlin.
If I use the built-in OpenVPN client it appears to me that all devices are either on or off the vpn. No way to filter based on device.

Here's my setup. I got another cheap router that supports ddwrt or tomato, connect that router to your VPN so all clients connected to that router goes through VPN, and the other clients that connect to your AC68U will bypass the vpn.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8536 upvotes
GTHA
kiasu wrote: i setup my uTorrent with Socks5 yesterday without any issue..someone posted a youtube of how to setup using socks5 and verify the IP on PIA's thread..just follow that and everything looks good..speed is good too..my only problem is ISP keep changing my IP...so tonight I am gonna try the no-ip as MaDgamEr mentioned.
IronSocket has Dynamic DNS Instructions on their site.

https://ironsocket.com/setup/help/dynamic-dns
May 12, 2014
868 posts
487 upvotes
Markham, ON
kiasu wrote: i setup my uTorrent with Socks5 yesterday without any issue..someone posted a youtube of how to setup using socks5 and verify the IP on PIA's thread..just follow that and everything looks good..speed is good too..my only problem is ISP keep changing my IP...so tonight I am gonna try the no-ip as MaDgamEr mentioned.
When I first setup using Socks5, a couple of the torrents were connecting, but not all. Also the speeds was good, I only have a 15mb connection and was getting 600kbytes total from the two that were working.

I found 3 ways to check the torrent IP and thew were showing the proxy IPs. So that part worked, just that some public trackers were not connecting. I'm using qBittorrent btw.
Aug 24, 2005
777 posts
375 upvotes
Etobicoke
signed up today. DNS set up on tv was a breeze.

Have not tried to set vpn on my router yet. So far so good. Though I do want to set up the vpn for torrentz
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8141 posts
589 upvotes
Scarborough
I have nothing to say about this, I use OpenVPN as well. As far as IronSockets, you need to test drive with them.
barqy wrote: can you comment on this then (the person used socks5 rather than VPN): https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/f ... ght-notice

since socks5 doesn't encrypt data, wouldn't using ironsockets no encryption VPNs work just as well? hides IP/DNS...?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8141 posts
589 upvotes
Scarborough
I believe so, I have to dig into for more info when I have time.
Bobberts wrote: Are your trackers connecting using Socks5 proxy? I'm not using the VPN, only the socks5, and most of the trackers are not connecting. I've switched to HTTP proxy and they connect without any issues.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8141 posts
589 upvotes
Scarborough
If you turn it on AC68U, you don't need to turn it on the local devices. If you do, the device would act funny or get disconnected.

I have the N66U with Merlin.
rivermist wrote: I have an AC68U router with Merlin.

Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13609 posts
3145 upvotes
what r the 3 ways to check torrentIP?
Bobberts wrote: When I first setup using Socks5, a couple of the torrents were connecting, but not all. Also the speeds was good, I only have a 15mb connection and was getting 600kbytes total from the two that were working.

I found 3 ways to check the torrent IP and thew were showing the proxy IPs. So that part worked, just that some public trackers were not connecting. I'm using qBittorrent btw.
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2002
1638 posts
1140 upvotes
Mississauga
kiasu wrote: what r the 3 ways to check torrentIP?
ipleak.net
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
2225 posts
402 upvotes
Toronto
RatePlans wrote: I was about to get this as a gift, but I remembered reading about this VPn provider, and I would consider them now.
Check this one out, no logs and works with Torrents. Not as fast as some other alternatives but safe. I checked the ip in utorrent yesterday and it works:

https://stacksocial.com/sales/nordvpn-2-yr-subscription

Good deal $39 - 2 years
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1522 posts
152 upvotes
Markham
What other ways can we check if we setup socks5 properly through bittorrent?

I think I did everything right but the speed is worrying me. I am getting 2MB/s and thats my usual max. I used ipleak.net and it shows me an I.P address similar to the proxy I was using but not exact? I'm not sure on this. I used the Brazil proxy and followed the youtube tutorial and an online guide. The only thing I wasn't sure about was protocol encryption and legacy connections.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1265 posts
289 upvotes
geotr wrote: Check this one out, no logs and works with Torrents. Not as fast as some other alternatives but safe. I checked the ip in utorrent yesterday and it works:

https://stacksocial.com/sales/nordvpn-2-yr-subscription

Good deal $39 - 2 years
Do they have dns proxy ? I cant find it included in their plans ?
DdBigs wrote: What other ways can we check if we setup socks5 properly through bittorrent?

I think I did everything right but the speed is worrying me. I am getting 2MB/s and thats my usual max. I used ipleak.net and it shows me an I.P address similar to the proxy I was using but not exact? I'm not sure on this. I used the Brazil proxy and followed the youtube tutorial and an online guide. The only thing I wasn't sure about was protocol encryption and legacy connections.
When you get a chance can you please post the youtube link, thanks.