Expired Hot Deals

IronSocket (VPN, Smart DNS Proxy, HTTP/SOCKS5 Proxy) $29.97 USD for 1 year (40% Off)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2015 9:23 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 30, 2009
629 posts
105 upvotes
Vancouver
geotr wrote: Check this one out, no logs and works with Torrents. Not as fast as some other alternatives but safe. I checked the ip in utorrent yesterday and it works:

https://stacksocial.com/sales/nordvpn-2-yr-subscription

Good deal $39 - 2 years
I'm confused by the math. If you go to NordVPN's site, it's $120/year, but they have a 70% off New Year's deal for $36/year. But your stacksocial deal talks about NordVPN for a 2 year subscription for $120 normally, but it's 67% off at $39/2 years (?) for another day. Is that right? I want to pull the trigger, but I want to be sure first.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1519 posts
152 upvotes
Markham
fizz1234 wrote:
When you get a chance can you please post the youtube link, thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awlNmlu_epY

This link was posted in the PIA thread. The poster said don't worry about peerblock in the video, I didn't use peerblock. Also Ironsocket members don't have to enter any info for user authentication because of the IP authorization used by Ironsocket. I did however check the box and left username and password blank.

Can anyone confirm this is correct?
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
1833 posts
597 upvotes
Guelph
I am basically looking to watch streams and also torrent.

Obviously speed is important, seems to be hit and miss using this and pia.

Want something simple. Also, I have two laptops, I would like to run one with no Vpn and the other using vpn. Can this be done?

Aside from price, what would be my best choice? Pia vs this?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2003
1204 posts
149 upvotes
Waterloo
dgr81 wrote: wow can't believe the dns proxy doesn't support cnn, fox news, etc...

might have to cancel before the 7 days if they don't add support for the US news sites.
Open a ticket through their website for the sites which do not work, they are typically very fast to fix them.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13391 posts
3016 upvotes
ironsocket+no-ip+socks5...wow...

I am getting 1000kB/s....does it consider fast?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19245 posts
6241 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
kiasu wrote: ironsocket+no-ip+socks5...wow...

I am getting 1000kB/s....does it consider fast?
Slow as molasses.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1998 posts
457 upvotes
Toronto
BinaryJay wrote: Slow as molasses.
Depends on his line. He is getting 8 mega bits/s which is fine. Speeds vary quite a bit with the server you use. They are actually very good and their DNS proxy is excellent.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
2221 posts
395 upvotes
Toronto
dchimera wrote: I'm confused by the math. If you go to NordVPN's site, it's $120/year, but they have a 70% off New Year's deal for $36/year. But your stacksocial deal talks about NordVPN for a 2 year subscription for $120 normally, but it's 67% off at $39/2 years (?) for another day. Is that right? I want to pull the trigger, but I want to be sure first.
I know I was confused too but stacksocial has really good deals usually. I bought the 39$ and its for 2 years so better deal. The stack social one ends soon though.

fizz1234 wrote: Do they have dns proxy ? I cant find it included in their plans ?
I don't know for sure u can try checking their site...heres what they offer for features:

Strict no log policy
Connect two devices at the same time
SSL-based 2048-bit encryption
Use VPN with iPhone, iPad, Android, router, Windows mobile
Firewall pass-through
Support (24/7) via live chat, email, and Facebook
Servers in 25 countries and growing regularly
Encrypted chat
OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP, IPSec protocols
Secret notes
OpenVPN on SSL ports
Convenient server map & custom software
Free proxy list and up to 3000 free proxies
Tor over VPN server
Supports Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Linux, and Android
Double VPN for increased anonymity
Shared IP (static/dynamic) and
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13391 posts
3016 upvotes
line is 10Mbps....and using Netherland server
pmcd wrote: Depends on his line. He is getting 8 mega bits/s which is fine. Speeds vary quite a bit with the server you use. They are actually very good and their DNS proxy is excellent.
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19245 posts
6241 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
pmcd wrote: Depends on his line. He is getting 8 mega bits/s which is fine. Speeds vary quite a bit with the server you use. They are actually very good and their DNS proxy is excellent.
Well nobody is giving any relative context to their definition of speed, to me that is super slow and if that was the max it could handle I would cancel immediately. I'm probably going to sign up with IronSocket tonight after looking at all of the competition this year (I have had PIA for the past few years but found IT rather slow... just want to try something different now).

As per NordVPN it's a tempting deal and it looks good because they have a stylish corporate site but if you research it more than a little bit you find some pretty horrible accounts of their speed out there, shockingly slow even... also accounts of lots of disconnecting etc. Not worth it IMO, there is probably a reason why it is priced this way.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19245 posts
6241 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
kiasu wrote: line is 10Mbps....and using Netherland server
Then you're fine, but it isn't difficult to find a VPN provider than can proxy no problem at such a slow speed. What I want to hear is from somebody that is on a 150/250Mbps plan.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1519 posts
152 upvotes
Markham
I may have asked this before but can I setup DNS with my bell hub? It looks like I can go into it and change the DNS settings just worried to play around with it, don't know if I should be.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2014
1121 posts
294 upvotes
Ottawa
BinaryJay wrote: Then you're fine, but it isn't difficult to find a VPN provider than can proxy no problem at such a slow speed. What I want to hear is from somebody that is on a 150/250Mbps plan.
Just wondering as you posted you have PIA and said it's slow for you. I have a 150/10 plan and I am debating between ironsocket and PIA. What speeds are you getting on your plan?

EDIT: I was also looking at IPVanish but they're very expensive and I haven't seen as many reviews around, although what I have seen say it's very fast.