Expired Hot Deals

IronSocket (VPN, Smart DNS Proxy, HTTP/SOCKS5 Proxy) $29.97 USD for 1 year (40% Off)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2015 9:23 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
2470 posts
1162 upvotes
Cellphone Tower
BinaryJay wrote: Seriously who cares about DNS... I don't know why it's even something people concern themselves with unless you're worried about browsing a domain that you don't want others to know you're browsing? DNS has nothing to do with torrents, for example. It's certainly not illegal in any way to browse a site that enumerates torrents.
at least not yet.
Place Your Ad Here
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1357 posts
429 upvotes
Oakville
tk1000 wrote: No, goes back up to normal price.

"$29.97 USD for the first year. Then $49.95 USD for each year."
The above shows up in my PayPal checkout when I picked the Subscribe PayPal option.
Interesting.
I pay US$25 annually, grandfathered for life. I got in when they were HMN and referred via RFD signup.
Dec 26, 2004
748 posts
426 upvotes
Mississauga
Here is the reply I got from them:

The code 'XMAS2014' that you used is a one-time discount code and so your renewal price next year is the regular price of $49.95.
You have the option to get a new plan next December as I am sure we will have the same discount coupon again or maybe even better.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13915 posts
3241 upvotes
do they have 7 days trial?

nvm..yea they have
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13915 posts
3241 upvotes
ARK wrote: Just setup Open VPN in my Fire TV using this guide
https://vpntips.com/fire-tv-vpn-install/

Getting good speed on Chicago and New York Servers.
Watching US Amazon Prime movie....so far so good.
where to get firetv?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8167 posts
621 upvotes
Scarborough
kiasu wrote: where to get firetv?
EBay or pick it up in the states.
Dec 26, 2004
748 posts
426 upvotes
Mississauga
...or try Kijiji
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8167 posts
621 upvotes
Scarborough
ARK wrote: Just setup Open VPN in my Fire TV using this guide

Need rooted. You can't root it with the new firmware unless update is blocked with the old firmware.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3453 posts
3295 upvotes
Montreal
ARK wrote: Just setup Open VPN on my Fire TV using this guide

If you only want to watch streaming video then use DNSProxy instead. Amazon Prime Instant Video is one of the supported channel guide.

https://ironsocket.com/channel-guide
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1527 posts
152 upvotes
Markham
A lot of these services floating around these forums, too bad I don't know too much or which one is for me. I firstly want to get U.S netflix, Hulu, and others. Secondly I wouldn't mind hiding my IP address. This just would be a precaution if laws change for downloading torrents. Lastly I would not want my speed to diminish. I'm with bell and I constantly get my 25Mpbs.

Could I get all this from these guys or anywhere else? I guess I am more concerned about getting U.S stuff right now and that would be my main goal if I can't get everything from one provider.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2003
1209 posts
174 upvotes
Waterloo
I highly recommend this service. I have used them for two years and they are solid and very fast.
Apr 23, 2006
681 posts
173 upvotes
'Berta
DdBigs wrote: A lot of these services floating around these forums, too bad I don't know too much or which one is for me. I firstly want to get U.S netflix, Hulu, and others. Secondly I wouldn't mind hiding my IP address. This just would be a precaution if laws change for downloading torrents. Lastly I would not want my speed to diminish. I'm with bell and I constantly get my 25Mpbs.

Could I get all this from these guys or anywhere else? I guess I am more concerned about getting U.S stuff right now and that would be my main goal if I can't get everything from one provider.
IronSocket is for you.

DNS services are used for watching things in other regions with no sort of encryption - Netflix, Hulu, etc.

VPNs offer various levels of encryption to mask your IP address.

Lots of different companies offer one or the other, but IS offers both which is a plus.

In terms of speed diminishing, that's basically impossible to avoid. You need to decide based on your activities what is more important, speed vs encryption.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13036 posts
6851 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Looks like the DNS service here will keep circles around Hulu who has blacklisted all PIA's US IPs. However, PIA's deal is recurring. This deal goes back up to $50 2nd year. Depends what you want/need.
Apr 23, 2006
681 posts
173 upvotes
'Berta
AncasterRFD wrote: Looks like the DNS service here will keep circles around Hulu who has blacklisted all PIA's US IPs. However, PIA's deal is recurring. This deal goes back up to $50 2nd year. Depends what you want/need.
Agreed, but I like the response that ARK mentioned in post 18, although it's no guarantee.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)