Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

IronSocket (VPN, Smart DNS Proxy, HTTP/SOCKS5 Proxy) $29.97 USD for 1 year (40% Off)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2015 9:23 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1605 posts
175 upvotes
Markham
manicdvln wrote: I pay 24.50$ USD for 3 VPNS and 3 ip slots as a permanent grandfathered deal but I got this deal before ironsocket merged with hidemynet or whatever the name was.
Those 3 IP slots. So I can have multiple devices on 3 different IP addresses? 5 devices at my home IP, my phone with its IP and my work computer with its IP?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
DdBigs wrote: Those 3 IP slots. So I can have multiple devices on 3 different IP addresses? 5 devices at my home IP, my phone with its IP and my work computer with its IP?
Yes

You would use a router that supports VPN connections for your home IP, that would allow 5 devices to use 1 VPN connection.

from What is an active connection/login? How many can I have at once?

We define our basic service plan as '3 active logins' which means that you can have 3 "active" VPN connections to any of our VPN servers, in addition to the use of 3 authorized IP addresses to access our HTTP/SOCKS5 proxy services and DNS proxy services at the same time. This allows you to have multiple devices utilizing our services at once; 3 devices simultaneously connecting to our VPN services AND multiple other devices simultaneously utilizing our HTTP/SOCKS5 Proxy or SmartDNS services from 3 different locations.

By way of example, you can simultaneously connect your home PC, your PC at the office, and your child's laptop at school securely to the Internet via our encrypted VPN servers, AND have simultaneous, multiple other devices like Apple TV, Roku, smartphones, tablets and game consoles connect to proxy (SmartDNS, HTTP or SOCKS5) from 3 different places. Each location is authorized by IP address.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2007
1528 posts
1218 upvotes
Subscribed yesterday, the tunnels I tried were too slow (less than 3Mbps...) so I asked for a refund. Took them only couple of hours to give me refund. SO their service I find is very good though :)
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
2056 posts
499 upvotes
Toronto
moofachuka wrote: Subscribed yesterday, the tunnels I tried were too slow (less than 3Mbps...) so I asked for a refund. Took them only couple of hours to give me refund. SO their service I find is very good though :)
which server did u try..
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7467 posts
4051 upvotes
Montreal
thanks, will try this later, new law making me paranoid.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
jamgyu wrote: I get pretty close to my normal speeds on the Chicago, NY, and Toronto servers.
Dear everybody, when referring to VPN speeds it is useless to describe it relative to your regular speeds unless you mention what you're regular speed is.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
4012 posts
715 upvotes
Thanks OP. Going to give them a try
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2007
1528 posts
1218 upvotes
samson wrote: which server did u try..
Tried Hong Kong, Brazil, Russia, all 3 types of encryptions were 1-3Mbps. I have 25/10 connection.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1605 posts
175 upvotes
Markham
Had the best luck from Brazil but it still wasn't great. 5-9mbps

When I connect to Toronto, New York or Chicago speed test shows almost my max speed of 25mbps. However, it doesn't fell that way. Very inconsistent and I can definitely notice how slow it is.

Maybe I should ask for a refund, although I will mostly use it just for the DNS but its disappointing the VPN is so slugish. Maybe I'm doing something wrong

EDIT: Connection speed not consistent at all. Very up and down. Sometimes extremely slow
Sep 5, 2011
634 posts
146 upvotes
NL
Seems to be some good things said about Ironsocket throughout the thread.

For those who use VPN with torrents, is there something extra that requires setup? I vaguely read about this Socks5 proxy with PIA VPN and I'm trying to wrap my head around it.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8718 posts
1069 upvotes
Scarborough
Yes, socks5 proxy with PIA. I also setup OpenVPN as well. That is done on a Synology NAS and Transmission torrrent client.
theDuder wrote: Seems to be some good things said about Ironsocket throughout the thread.

For those who use VPN with torrents, is there something extra that requires setup? I vaguely read about this Socks5 proxy with PIA VPN and I'm trying to wrap my head around it.
Sep 5, 2011
634 posts
146 upvotes
NL
Menace wrote: Yes, socks5 proxy with PIA. I also setup OpenVPN as well. That is done on a Synology NAS and Transmission torrrent client.
Edit: So maybe I don't know what you're saying, lets start this way. What is OpenVPN? Also, would you choose irsonsocket or PIA?
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1605 posts
175 upvotes
Markham
so is socks5 also safe or does it have to be used with a VPN? From what I understand having properly setup a socks5 proxy through your torrent client, it will provide you with an automatic kill switch (if setup correctly). I have also read that using Socks5 + VPN can increase speed vs just VPN?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8718 posts
1069 upvotes
Scarborough
OpenVPN is a type of VPN, PPTP is another one. Socks5 is proxy server.

ps. I was going to join IronSock if PIA didn't work out for me. PIA has been great so I have no plan to have both.
theDuder wrote: Edit: So maybe I don't know what you're saying, lets start this way. What is OpenVPN? Also, would you choose irsonsocket or PIA?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8718 posts
1069 upvotes
Scarborough
DdBigs wrote: so is socks5 also safe or does it have to be used with a VPN? From what I understand having properly setup a socks5 proxy through your torrent client, it will provide you with an automatic kill switch (if setup correctly). I have also read that using Socks5 + VPN can increase speed vs just VPN?
Socks5 is good enough for torrent. No, you don't need to use both. If you have problem with Socks5, tryp OpenVPN. I didn't suffer any slow down from either one. I'm sure IronSock will be same as PIA.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5820 posts
3846 upvotes
West Vancouver
manicdvln wrote: VPN mask your data and IP. So if I log in a VPN provided by Ironsocket from Singapore, my IP will be a Singapore IP and my data will pass through their server. This way when you download something, the trace will lead to Singapore server, and not to your carrier IP.
Still can your ISP sees whats coming from that Singapore server to you ?
Dec 12, 2011
553 posts
478 upvotes
NEPEAN
kanewtz wrote: Is IronSocket better for Torrenting? I am getting horrible speeds when attempting to on PrivateInternetAccess. Like around 80kbps which is brutal.

I might have to review the PIA thread for proper set-up...unless someone here can link me to a page for it or Post # seeing as how it is 60+ pages.
Can't find the PIA thread using the Search. Can someone post the link please.
Sep 5, 2011
634 posts
146 upvotes
NL
Menace wrote: OpenVPN is a type of VPN, PPTP is another one. Socks5 is proxy server.

ps. I was going to join IronSock if PIA didn't work out for me. PIA has been great so I have no plan to have both.
Thanks, you've been very helpful.
bach2266 wrote: Can't find the PIA thread using the Search. Can someone post the link please.
private-internet-access-vpn-pia-31-95-year-1641301/
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2003
1050 posts
211 upvotes
gvrd
Menace wrote: Socks5 is good enough for torrent. No, you don't need to use both. If you have problem with Socks5, tryp OpenVPN. I didn't suffer any slow down from either one. I'm sure IronSock will be same as PIA.
can you comment on this then (the person used socks5 rather than VPN): https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/f ... ght-notice

since socks5 doesn't encrypt data, wouldn't using ironsockets no encryption VPNs work just as well? hides IP/DNS...?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18701 posts
5730 upvotes
does anyone has a link or suggestion for the setting to optimize the uTorrent?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)