Expired Hot Deals

[irunguns] Heritage RR .22lr Handgun 16" Barrel! $175.47 USD+$25 Shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2020 6:17 pm
Apr 14, 2019
411 posts
349 upvotes
Niklasky wrote: Are you being sarcastic ? I don't get the Toronto gun problem reference.
I'm obviously being sarcastic, I mean who worries about down-votes and likes and the such? Also, buddy says no reason or contribution, yet Toronto has a serious gun and gang problem, don't you think that could be one of the possible reasons for a meaningless down-vote?
Stop threadcrapping and move on
Mar 10, 2011
228 posts
133 upvotes
Niagara
The downvotes may be from the people whose opinion it is that duly trained licenced owners of handguns, are out there gangbanging with their legally obtained and registered firearms.
See sumtin'. Say sumtin'. ('less someone else already did)
Jul 14, 2014
714 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rcnrcnrcn wrote: I'm obviously being sarcastic, I mean who worries about down-votes and likes and the such? Also, buddy says no reason or contribution, yet Toronto has a serious gun and gang problem, don't you think that could be one of the possible reasons for a meaningless down-vote?
It's possibly one of the reasons for the downvotes, but if those snowflakes contributed to the thread, at least we could argue that the guns advertised here have nothing to do with the Toronto gun/gang problem.

I mean, it's kinda like downvoting a thread about the catholic church because of the pedophile priests.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2589 posts
837 upvotes
Kingston
2016YamR6 wrote: I'm quoting the rules and regulations directly from the RCMP webpage. Where are your sources?

It specifically states that you need a reason to be shooting the gun such as competition or range shooting. This is general of course so their are exceptions but that is the law as it's written.
My sources are legally buying my own first handgun without being a paid up member of a range a few months ago. I did so at a firearms supplier that also told me I did not need to be a member of a range. As previously stated before a valid reason for purchasing a handgun can also be “collector”. You do not have to be a member of a range to be a collector.

The rules are different in Alberta and probably a few other provinces. This is just for Ontario.
Last edited by JC69 on Jan 6th, 2020 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 14, 2019
411 posts
349 upvotes
Niklasky wrote: It's possibly one of the reasons for the downvotes, but if those snowflakes contributed to the thread, at least we could argue that the guns advertised here have nothing to do with the Toronto gun/gang problem.

I mean, it's kinda like downvoting a thread about the catholic church because of the pedophile priests.
I would absolutely do that!
May 31, 2019
58 posts
306 upvotes
JC69 wrote: My sources are legally buying my own first handgun without being a paid up member of a range a few months ago. I did so at a firearms supplier that also told me I did not need to be a member of a range. As previously stated before a valid reason for purchasing a handgun can also be “collector”. You do not have to be a member of a range to be a collector.

The rules are different in Alberta and probably a few other provinces. This is just for Ontario.
I did say there was exceptions, this being one, but it doesnt mean it's free range to buy anything. See the actual law below for collectors:

Gun collectors

30 The criteria referred to in subparagraph 28(b)(ii) are that the individual

(a) has knowledge of the historical, technological or scientific characteristics that relate or distinguish the restricted firearms or handguns that he or she possesses;

(b) has consented to the periodic inspection, conducted in a reasonable manner, of the premises in which the restricted firearms or handguns are to be kept; and

(c) has complied with such other requirements as are prescribed respecting knowledge, secure storage and the keeping of records in respect of restricted firearms or handguns.
Dec 22, 2019
10 posts
42 upvotes
rcnrcnrcn wrote: It'll be okay, don't worry about it, Toronto does not have a gun problem, at all,
I think he's being sarcastic. However, it is my understanding that weapons being used in these Toronto shootings are illegal firearms smuggled in from the United States. Stricter gun laws on law-abiding citizens aren't going to change Toronto's 'gun problems'. The way I see it, Toronto [and other parts of the country, like Surrey] has a 'gang problem'.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2589 posts
837 upvotes
Kingston
2016YamR6 wrote: I did say there was exceptions, this being one, but it doesnt mean it's free range to buy anything. See the actual law below for collectors:

Gun collectors

(a) has knowledge of the historical, technological or scientific characteristics that relate or distinguish the restricted firearms or handguns that he or she possesses;

(b) has consented to the periodic inspection, conducted in a reasonable manner, of the premises in which the restricted firearms or handguns are to be kept; and

(c) has complied with such other requirements as are prescribed respecting knowledge, secure storage and the keeping of records in respect of restricted firearms or handguns.
(A) is taught in your RPAL course.
(B) is normal and any owner of restricteds could be audited.
(C) is part of the RPAL course too.

You’ve not actually taken an RPAL course or own restricted handguns I’m guessing.
Jul 14, 2014
714 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto, ON
2016YamR6 wrote: I did say there was exceptions, this being one, but it doesnt mean it's free range to buy anything. See the actual law below for collectors:

Gun collectors

It depends on the provincial CFO.

Range membership is not required by federal regulations, for the ownership of restricted firearms. However, some CFOs such as Alberta for example, require proof of membership before approving restricted transfers or renewing RPALs.

Ontario does not require range membership. Simply because in Southern Ontario, and particularly around the GTA, it is difficult to become a member at a club or range. They are full, there are waitlists (up to 2 years), and they are few and far between. Some clubs also offer day passes. Therefore the Ontario CFO allows the transfer or restricted firearms and the renewal of RPALs without proof of membership.

YMMV according to your province of residence.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2589 posts
837 upvotes
Kingston
Niklasky wrote: It depends on the provincial CFO.

Range membership is not required by federal regulations, for the ownership of restricted firearms. However, some CFOs such as Alberta for example, require proof of membership before approving restricted transfers or renewing RPALs.

Ontario does not require range membership. Simply because in Southern Ontario, and particularly around the GTA, it is difficult to become a member at a club or range. They are full, there are waitlists (up to 2 years), and they are few and far between. Some clubs also offer day passes. Therefore the Ontario CFO allows the transfer or restricted firearms and the renewal of RPALs without proof of membership.

YMMV according to your province of residence.
One range near me has a 4y wait list!
Apr 14, 2019
411 posts
349 upvotes
atp2k wrote: I run from gunZ
You always charge a guy with a gun - with a knife, you run away. So you charge with a gun - with a knife, you run.
Sep 17, 2007
654 posts
435 upvotes
Toronto
CoreShackJack wrote: I'm bummed-out that people have down-voted this thread without any reason or contribution.
I have zero interest in buying this firearm but I'm grateful that OP took the time to share.
That Joker pic was right on the money, I laughed.
Most likely, Because people don't want to see gun/firearm deals and down votes should discourage the op from doing so again.
[OP]
Jan 28, 2019
140 posts
1282 upvotes
Ontario
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote: Most likely, Because people don't want to see gun/firearm deals and down votes should discourage the op from doing so again.
Haha sucks for them because I am just getting started
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7981 posts
4205 upvotes
ON

Gun collectors

You can keep googling and pasting all you want, the fact is that countless people have bought and are still buying restricted firearms without a range membership and all is needed is the intent to join one or you can be declared a collector and be subject to a few more scrutinies. If you do not believe what many folks are telling you here, please walk into any store present your RPAL and ask them if they will sell you a restricted firearm and tell them you haven't joined a range yet. End of discussion !
Last edited by dilligafeh on Jan 6th, 2020 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.