Expired Hot Deals

[irunguns] Heritage RR .22lr Handgun 16" Barrel! $175.47 USD+$25 Shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2020 6:17 pm
Jun 29, 2016
709 posts
293 upvotes
JC69 wrote: One range near me has a 4y wait list!
You guys really love your guns in Toronto. I think you might have a gun problem.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7975 posts
4186 upvotes
ON
govas19 wrote: You guys really love your guns in Toronto. I think you might have a gun problem.
Nope, no problem has stemmed from folks who went to great lengths to obey the law when it's much easier not to do so and avoid accountability.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2589 posts
837 upvotes
Kingston
govas19 wrote: You guys really love your guns in Toronto. I think you might have a gun problem.
Except I’m not in the GTA. Shooting is a popular, safe sport/hobby. I enjoy target shooting, I’m not a hunter. I find the challenge of the sport very therapeutic indeed. I really look forward to my range visits as I get to focus on technique and forget about work for a bit.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
3625 posts
3780 upvotes
Vancouver
Sounds to me that _you_ might have a gun problem. MY gun problem.

Ignorance is usually the root of it. We can help.

Edit: BTW, we love them on the West Coast as well...
Last edited by max011 on Jan 6th, 2020 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
3625 posts
3780 upvotes
Vancouver
CoreShackJack wrote: I'm bummed-out that people have down-voted this thread without any reason or contribution.
I have zero interest in buying this firearm but I'm grateful that OP took the time to share.
That Joker pic was right on the money, I laughed.
Guess what, every.single.firearm.thread gets downvoted. A lot. Period. We all know the reasons.

Fact that this "deal" includes jumping on the "import gun from USA" roller coaster probably called for downvotes from a few supporters as well, so total is unusually high...
Dec 22, 2019
10 posts
42 upvotes
max011 wrote: Guess what, every.single.firearm.thread gets downvoted. A lot. Period. We all know the reasons.

Fact that this "deal" includes jumping on the "import gun from USA" roller coaster probably called for downvotes from a few supporters as well, so total is unusually high...
Yes, I've noticed that they do get the downvotes. I have been lurking on this site for a couple years and finally pulled the trigger (intended) and made an account last week. Yes, we do know the reasons. However, I refuse to downvote a firearm post. Just so people remain encouraged to keep posting firearms deals...even if it is only warm or a cold deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
3625 posts
3780 upvotes
Vancouver
CoreShackJack wrote: Yes, I've noticed that they do get the downvotes. I have been lurking on this site for a couple years and finally pulled the trigger (intended) and made an account last week. Yes, we do know the reasons. However, I refuse to downvote a firearm post. Just so people remain encouraged to keep posting firearms deals...even if it is only warm or a cold deal.
Didn't know it's requirement to downvote firearms deals...
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2293 posts
745 upvotes
Ottawa
i was confused about the 16" barrel until I saw the pic. ..it all makes sense. I don't think I would ever buy this, but its a gun deal and i love guns so i upvote.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12832 posts
13537 upvotes
The prospect of importing a cheap but quality US gun has me intrigued. I'd want to make sure it's done right, to avoid a cavity search from the OPP/RCMP. I'd have to make a few calls to make sure this is done exactly above board.

I do so much cross border purchasing for someone at my scale that I figure, why not also guns? My understanding is that improper importation is a real problem, so unless I'm confident this can be done properly, I won't do it.
Dec 30, 2017
135 posts
120 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: The prospect of importing a cheap but quality US gun has me intrigued. I'd want to make sure it's done right, to avoid a cavity search from the OPP/RCMP. I'd have to make a few calls to make sure this is done exactly above board.

I do so much cross border purchasing for someone at my scale that I figure, why not also guns? My understanding is that improper importation is a real problem, so unless I'm confident this can be done properly, I won't do it.
Irunguns does it properly. They can’t ship to you until the RCMP gives the transfer (to you specifically) the thumbs-up.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2004
1111 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote: Weapons of destruction are being sold on sale. What wrong did RFD do? Nothing, just aided in the upcoming psycho episode by providing information on easier access of the tools, LEGALLY.
What will be next on sale? Legally available over the counter Ingredients to make bombs? And there will be people justifying it as well. No matter the intent, Guns kill and the cost of a mistake is everything.

This is the thought process behind a down vote.
Fertilizer deals are posted every spring and autumn
Aug 31, 2008
220 posts
56 upvotes
Newmarket/Markham
2016YamR6 wrote: I have news for you. Its federal law that you're required to be a member at a range to own a restricted firearm. Bill C52 changed the ATT requirements but you can contact any federal representative and they will tell you the same thing. Firearms are federally regulated and there is no difference between provinces.
I have news for you. You DON'T have to be a member of a range to own a restricted firearm. But you MUST be transporting it directly to or from a range from your house as per the law when you do own it. And you must take the most direct route to go to and from the range from your house. The only time that is not required is when you are purchasing or selling the said restrict firearm. ATT's are not required any more for the transportation of the restricted firearm as they are INCLUDED in you RPAL licensing.

So yes, you can own a restricted firearm without belonging/having membership at a range. Many ranges have walk-in availability and you can go to and not be a member of, but still use your restricted firearm.
I work for a police service in Ontario. Yes I know what I'm talking about.
May 31, 2019
58 posts
306 upvotes
CT911 wrote: I have news for you. You DON'T have to be a member of a range to own a restricted firearm. But you MUST be transporting it directly to or from a range from your house as per the law when you do own it. And you must take the most direct route to go to and from the range from your house. The only time that is not required is when you are purchasing or selling the said restrict firearm. ATT's are not required any more for the transportation of the restricted firearm as they are INCLUDED in you RPAL licensing.

So yes, you can own a restricted firearm without belonging/having membership at a range. Many ranges have walk-in availability and you can go to and not be a member of, but still use your restricted firearm.
I work for a police service in Ontario. Yes I know what I'm talking about.
This only applies in Ontario. Almost everywhere else in Canada requires proof of membership at a range, you can ask your buddies in the force for confirmation.
Aug 31, 2008
220 posts
56 upvotes
Newmarket/Markham
2016YamR6 wrote: This only applies in Ontario. Almost everywhere else in Canada requires proof of membership at a range, you can ask your buddies in the force for confirmation.
I don't need to "ask my buddies in the force" because I'm in Ontario so this applies to me. My CFO also confirms I don't need a range membership to own and possess at restricted firearm.

Also, right from the RCMP website, which you like to quote. No where does it state "You must" be a "member" of a range.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firearms/c ... s#restrict

Permitted purposes for ownership

There are a few purposes for which you may be licensed to acquire or possess a restricted firearm:
•target practice or target shooting competitions
•as part of a collection
•in limited circumstances, use in connection with one's lawful profession or occupation, or to protect life

Target shooting practice and competition

To be authorized to have restricted firearms for target shooting purposes, you must provide proof that you practice or compete at an approved shooting club or range

You only have to provide proof you practice or compete at an approved range. There is no requirement for membership.

Some provinces may required you to do so, but not here in Ontario. As per me, "my buddies on the force" and my CFO.
Mar 7, 2017
669 posts
321 upvotes
Ham, ON
In all provinces with the exception of Ontario - the CFO's have mandated that you MUST HAVE A VALID RANGE MEMBERSHIP before you are allowed to poses any restricteds.
Someone fought this in Ontario on the grounds that this is not required in the FA act, and won - for Ontario ONLY.
Nobody has went to court to win the same precedent in the other provinces, so this is enforced in all provinces.