Expired Hot Deals

[irunguns] Heritage RR .22lr Handgun 16" Barrel! $175.47 USD+$25 Shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2020 6:17 pm
May 31, 2019
58 posts
306 upvotes
DealFixation wrote: In all provinces with the exception of Ontario - the CFO's have mandated that you MUST HAVE A VALID RANGE MEMBERSHIP before you are allowed to poses any restricteds.
Someone fought this in Ontario on the grounds that this is not required in the FA act, and won - for Ontario ONLY.
Nobody has went to court to win the same precedent in the other provinces, so this is enforced in all provinces.
Thank you, please teach this cop above about gun registration because their knowledge is lacking.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
25972 posts
11410 upvotes
Allen84 wrote: How much of a hassle is it to import a firearm from the US into Canada?
Doing it yourself? Damn near impossible.
It's the exportation of the firearm (or even firearm parts) from the US that's the biggest hurdle.
govas19 wrote: For a restricted I think u can buy without membership but cannot take it outside of your residence. I can be wrong though.
There's a bunch of other conditions related to lawful moving of a restricted firearm attached to your ATT.
2016YamR6 wrote: 28 A chief firearms officer may approve the transfer to an individual of a restricted firearm or a handgun referred to in subsection 12(6.1) (pre-December 1, 1998 handguns) only if the chief firearms officer is satisfied

(a) that the individual needs the restricted firearm or handgun

(i) to protect the life of that individual or of other individuals, or

(ii) for use in connection with his or her lawful profession or occupation; or

(b) that the purpose for which the individual wishes to acquire the restricted firearm or handgun is

(i) for use in target practice, or a target shooting competition, under conditions specified in an authorization to transport or under the auspices of a shooting club or shooting range that is approved under section 29, or

(ii) to form part of a gun collection of the individual, in the case of an individual who satisfies the criteria described in section 30.

1995, c. 39, s. 282003, c. 8, s. 21
The hilarious part about this post is that you're 100% right because this is the law.
What makes it hilarious is that it covers literally FOUR other reasons outside of being a member of a range that allows you to possess a restricted firearm.
dilligafeh wrote: you can be declared a collector and be subject to a few more scrutinies.
Even then it's not really anything you're not already subject to as a restricted license holder.
redflagdealsguy wrote: The prospect of importing a cheap but quality US gun has me intrigued. I'd want to make sure it's done right, to avoid a cavity search from the OPP/RCMP. I'd have to make a few calls to make sure this is done exactly above board.

I do so much cross border purchasing for someone at my scale that I figure, why not also guns? My understanding is that improper importation is a real problem, so unless I'm confident this can be done properly, I won't do it.
See it's not the OPP/RCMP that you'll have a problem with.
Canada surprisingly is shockingly easy to import into.
However, getting literally anything firearm related out of the US is hilariously difficult.
Sometimes ATF will hang around sporting goods stores that deal in firearms near the border and radio to the CBP Canadian license plates just to make sure you didn't buy anything intended for export.
If you want a long hard road ahead, it is actually doable, but there's only certain things you can export based on ITAR and a whole ton of paperwork you have to do.
2016YamR6 wrote: This only applies in Ontario. Almost everywhere else in Canada requires proof of membership at a range, you can ask your buddies in the force for confirmation.
It's amazing how many times someone can be wrong in one thread.

DealFixation wrote: In all provinces with the exception of Ontario - the CFO's have mandated that you MUST HAVE A VALID RANGE MEMBERSHIP before you are allowed to poses any restricteds.
BC also allows clubs.

Source: Was a member of a club since we also have wait times for the good ranges in GVRD.

I'm pretty sure I've heard of a couple of collectors here too, but I'd have to go troll CGN to find them.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
3673 posts
3960 upvotes
Vancouver
death_hawk wrote: BC also allows clubs.

Source: Was a member of a club since we also have wait times for the good ranges in GVRD.

I'm pretty sure I've heard of a couple of collectors here too, but I'd have to go troll CGN to find them.
Right.

Silvercore's Club for instance is $49/year. They have no ranges at all. But it's good 'nuf to pass as requirement.

Gets you $10 Mill in insurance as well.

Edit: Maybe better to link it HERE
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Dec 20, 2007
911 posts
225 upvotes
There's no federal law that requires a range membership... That's purely the CFO in specific provinces that demand it
Dec 20, 2007
911 posts
225 upvotes
2016YamR6 wrote: 28 A chief firearms officer may approve the transfer to an individual of a restricted firearm or a handgun referred to in subsection 12(6.1) (pre-December 1, 1998 handguns) only if the chief firearms officer is satisfied

(a) that the individual needs the restricted firearm or handgun

(i) to protect the life of that individual or of other individuals, or

(ii) for use in connection with his or her lawful profession or occupation; or

(b) that the purpose for which the individual wishes to acquire the restricted firearm or handgun is

(i) for use in target practice, or a target shooting competition, under conditions specified in an authorization to transport or under the auspices of a shooting club or shooting range that is approved under section 29, or

(ii) to form part of a gun collection of the individual, in the case of an individual who satisfies the criteria described in section 30.

1995, c. 39, s. 282003, c. 8, s. 21
And nowhere in this states a range membership is the law
Dec 20, 2007
911 posts
225 upvotes
rcnrcnrcn wrote: I'm obviously being sarcastic, I mean who worries about down-votes and likes and the such? Also, buddy says no reason or contribution, yet Toronto has a serious gun and gang problem, don't you think that could be one of the possible reasons for a meaningless down-vote?
It's impressively ignorant to connect a legal gun purchase with the gang violence issues in Ontario
May 31, 2019
58 posts
306 upvotes
HiEveryone wrote: And nowhere in this states a range membership is the law
Nobody cares anymore quit lurking old threads just to argue on the internet
Apr 14, 2019
421 posts
371 upvotes
HiEveryone wrote: It's impressively ignorant to connect a legal gun purchase with the gang violence issues in Ontario
Whatever you say. Guns and gangs do not go together. At all. Impressive.
Stop threadcrapping and move on
Dec 20, 2007
911 posts
225 upvotes
rcnrcnrcn wrote: Whatever you say. Guns and gangs do not go together. At all. Impressive.
Well duh.... But thinking They're buying them from a store?
Really?
That the gang members are licensed and vetted by the RCMP? Yeah, that seems intelligent
Dec 20, 2007
911 posts
225 upvotes
2016YamR6 wrote: Nobody cares anymore quit lurking old threads just to argue on the internet
Almost like they're open to comment for a reason
Apr 14, 2019
421 posts
371 upvotes
HiEveryone wrote: Well duh.... But thinking They're buying them from a store?
Really?
That the gang members are licensed and vetted by the RCMP? Yeah, that seems intelligent
All illegal guns started off legal, rocket surgeon, I mean brain scientist
[OP]
Jan 28, 2019
147 posts
1297 upvotes
Ontario
rcnrcnrcn wrote: All illegal guns started off legal, rocket surgeon, I mean brain scientist
The majority of illegal handguns are smuggled into canada from the us. So while they started off legal, the second they came into canada they were illegal guns.
Apr 14, 2019
421 posts
371 upvotes
ShananthanV4787 wrote: The majority of illegal handguns are smuggled into canada from the us. So while they started off legal, the second they came into canada they were illegal guns.
Yes exactly what I said now let’s just stop the violence
Apr 14, 2019
421 posts
371 upvotes
ShananthanV4787 wrote: And how would we do that?
Bad thoughts lead to bad words lead to bad actions so
Let’s all just get along