Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 26, 2015
515 posts
304 upvotes
Manitoba

Issues with paying off CC this weekend?

So I get paid on Thursdays, I usually pay off my CC's immediately, and the payments show up on my CC accounts by the Saturday. Not the case this weekend. Not sure if this is normal (its never happened before) and not sure which side of the transaction is going to be at fault. My payment to Scotia Visa Infinite & Tangerine MC worked fine as normal. My payments to my TD Visa Infinite and my PC WE MC did not go through yet.

Anyone else noticing any issues?
5 replies
Mar 21, 2019
746 posts
728 upvotes
My payment to MBNA is the only payment that has not been posted to the account, out of 5 that I made through PayTM on Aug 1, all made at the exact same time..
Usually MBNA is as quick as AmEx to post payments in my experience, but I’ve noticed lately they take longer than everyone else.
I wouldn’t sweat it, they’ll get the payment.
Delays like this are a good example why you should never leave a payment to the last minute.
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14610 posts
12649 upvotes
Going to the Moon
masterman wrote: My payment to MBNA is the only payment that has not been posted to the account, out of 5 that I made through PayTM on Aug 1, all made at the exact same time..
Usually MBNA is as quick as AmEx to post payments in my experience, but I’ve noticed lately they take longer than everyone else.
I wouldn’t sweat it, they’ll get the payment.
Delays like this are a good example why you should never leave a payment to the last minute.
Also a case for using PayTM, and keeping cheesy savings bank accounts at each issuer where you have their CC, wherever possible.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1580 posts
1123 upvotes
Vancouver
Not sure if it's a TD issue (they always have issues seems like) but trying to pay my PCF card via TD is not being accepted. Keeps saying system error.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2013
1776 posts
479 upvotes
Montreal
masterman wrote:
According to my experience, Banks in practice take the date you paid as the day of payment (and not the day they received the money). So, paying the same due date from one Bank to other Bank is not considered a late payment according to, again, my experience.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
4863 posts
2449 upvotes
Toronto
iamthebest wrote: According to my experience, Banks in practice take the date you paid as the day of payment (and not the day they received the money). So, paying the same due date from one Bank to other Bank is not considered a late payment according to, again, my experience.
My experience says otherwise.
Even in the same bank (CIBC) payments do not always go through the same day which includes payments made before 6:00 PM Eastern. I've seen them span a long weekend.
Best to pay a few days early. Especially if they up your interest rate for x late payments per time period.
Cuss words redacted.