• Nov 30th, 2016 6:47 pm
[OP]
Jan 31, 2016
26 posts
1 upvote
Woodstock, ON

Issues with playon recording

Good evening everyone

Over the weekend I signed up for playon lifetime membership as their black Friday special was 20 bucks off. I have been looking this for a while as it seems to be the only way to watch netflix videos offline. I have tried other screen capture programs that can be found for free on the web but could only get the audio and not the video to record. I have also checked torrents but could not find the show i was looking for. My son loves dinotrux.

Now on to my issue I'm trying to record videos via the playon application through the Netflix channel. The recording will work for about a minute and half then i get an unknown error and the recording just stops. I have tried recording different shows but get the same result. I have followed all of their tips and have searched google with no luck. I've tried it on 2 different pc's. Im at lost. Has anyone else tried this or have any feedbck. Should i just ask for my money back and move on.

I have emailed their support as well and am waiting on a response.

First time poster so please if i missed any information let me know hopefully i can answer.

Thanks in advance for any help or tips you can provide.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1459 upvotes
Richmond
I just gave it a quick test, and initially it seemed to be working fine for me, but my recording died after 5 minutes or so.

I've had good luck with PlayOn. Their support is normally very responsive and helpful, and they have some good tools for diagnosing errors, so be patient - they'll solve it.
[OP]
Jan 31, 2016
26 posts
1 upvote
Woodstock, ON
thanks for the response, ill wait on their tech support and go from there
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1459 upvotes
Richmond
I went to submit a trouble ticket to PlayOn about this, and in their pop-up list of known current issues they mentioned one that I thought might apply: issue with virtual network adapters needing to be disabled in Win7. I am running Win7, and I do have a virtual network adapter used by OpenVPN, so I tried disabling it. Sure enough, that fixed the recording problem. I submitted a ticket anyway to say that this is a recent bug that needs fixing.
[OP]
Jan 31, 2016
26 posts
1 upvote
Woodstock, ON
I'm running Windows 10 that was a free upgrade from windows 8.1. I'm not running any virtual networkss but I'll check this out as well

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)